what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

it says 58 in the shop...w/screens open but damm i know its colder.....im gonna go buzz the 'hood right now.......hey believe me i feel 4 you guys way up north.......
WAHHHHHH it is now 17 degrees in Ohio

solokumba

Nov 24, 2010
Florida

Just ordered a 12 pack of hockey pucks (can you believe they are hard to find in Florida) and have been talking to SB about the now famous V8 Gas tank. Still debating on whether to paint the Schwinn Deluxe or just touch it up. Pondering....

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska

mr.charlie said:
it says 58 in the shop...w/screens open but damm i know its colder.....im gonna go buzz the 'hood right now.......hey believe me i feel 4 you guys way up north.......

oh man that was cold.....don't know how you guys do it up yonder

well if yah are born and raised in the northern country you get used to it but dressing right is all it really takes i wear a heavy coat, face mask, neck cover , snow paints gloves, goggles and a bomber hat. i also never leave home without a survival pack that includes extra warm clothes , socks, water proof socks(incase my feet get wet) gloves,hat, sweater ,extra rain gear, fire starters basic survival tools and basic hand tools for bike repair including tubes and pumps so i got a pretty heavy ride with all that stuff.

update it has now warmed up to 24 degrees it feels like spring is on the way lol

Mr.Gadget

Nov 9, 2010
South Carolina

Today I installed new clutch pads. The old ones keeped glazzing over and squeeling. No matter how tight the flower nut was. With the new ones in, the MB became a new monster!!!!!!
But road about 4 miles in our 20 deg. chill......Love cold rides!!!

yodar

Jul 26, 2010
Orlando Fl

I GOT REALLY CONFUSED. You can tell from my bike's picture i replaced the Huffy fork with a spring fork which is GREAT! But I have my Huffy front fender appropriately re-inforced and i aint got nutthing to attach the struts to.

There aint no tapped threads in the new fork to screw the fender struts inta?

Yodar

mr.charlie

Jul 27, 2010
tavares florida "lake county"

hey yo ..whos fork did ya get?..i looked for new pic but couldnt find it?....and the guy we talked w/about the springer said to me that the original fender wouldn't mount......but the place im lookin at bike design i think has a fender kit for their fork....will have to check

yodar

Jul 26, 2010
Orlando Fl

hey yo ..whos fork did ya get?..i looked for new pic but couldnt find it?....and the guy we talked w/about the springer said to me that the original fender wouldn't mount......but the place im lookin at bike design i think has a fender kit for their fork....will have to check
Got mine from BikeBuyeres.com but the part that sticks thru the fram had it's threads end too high. hadda hybridize it with the same part from a friends kit that had longer threads. My fork now worked and so did his

yodar

yodar

Jul 26, 2010
Orlando Fl

Tightened mirror, now off to buy flat stock to make rear fender strap. Has a vibration at high revs.

To mount fenders on springers, I drilled holes and used Ubolts to secure to forks. Worked really well. Has to have new straps though. Easy 2 fab, just used flat stock.

http://motorbicycling.com/f11/fender-fortification-fun-23421.html
forgive my ignorance but where did you drill the holes. there aint much meat down there at the bottom of my forks

yodar

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska

well this morning when i got off work i couldnt find my safety glasses so my eye lashes froze together on my way home that was interesting

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Drilled the fender at the top Yodar. The "U" of the ubolts are upside down and saddled over the forks where they split. Used a peice of flat stock instead of the stock strap. Drilled holes to line up with the fender holes and to fit the axle. It has to be longer.
On that thread, I was surprised how many folks had worked out ways to get fenders to work with springers. Some great stuff. First post has pics of the way I did it but lots of ways.

I am a lil gun shy of front fender failure. Each side of the bolt is well coated with muffler sealer (I use that instead of loc-tight on every thing) and all are double nutted.
I am really happy with it.

Never got around to rear strap today. Did finally put a proper kill-switch on though after a long cold ride. Really weird how calming these things are. Crazy day at work and some regular life stuff. Couple hrs of MB'n and alls well and as it should be. Just kinda cool. Look forward to this thread. Little slices of other MBer's days.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

well this morning when i got off work i couldnt find my safety glasses so my eye lashes froze together on my way home that was interesting
Dang WA! I have had that happen walking on deck. I can only imagine what that's like while ridding.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

Your Eyeballs are freezing shut man that's just too cold for me!! I have peddled through every winter here and never got it that bad! :eek: I thought showing up to work with snotcycles on my face was bragging rights lolrotfl

Last edited:

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska

well actually my eyes them selves were ok it was just the eye lashes frozen together i just couldnt open them all the way i guess in the time it took to blink the lashes froze together
but then again it was like 0 degrees with the wind chill so if i was walking they wouldnt have froze and if i had my safety glasses they wouldnt have froze either

but still it was interesting

and i also live in southern alaska where we have mild winters the coldest it gets around here is -10 to - 20 for a about a month
i have a friend in the interior and a few years ago it was - 78 without wind chill now that is cold

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

-78 sounds brutal! I bet I could have duplicated the eye lid deal on the right day with a motorcycle. Never tried it. I peddle for my errands here in the winter to stay warm. It works pretty good for me when dressed right.

I had the motored bike out a few times these last two winters I was shivering so bad. The bad part was wanting to speed up to get it over with quicker then going slower to get warm lol.

autotechart

Nov 30, 2010
mi

I pushed mine from one side of the garage to the other. Its 9 degrees out.