First Build

GoldenMotor.com

riggermarander

Jun 2, 2009
College Station
I just completed my first build. It's a Huffy Cranbrook with a 49 cc Raw engine. The first picture is of the bike without clothes and dirty tires. The second picture shows you the trouble I had to go through on the front engine mount. The last picture is the finished product. I am going to shake her down tomorrow morning.

Attachments

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Warning these chinas are addictive! Welcome biker glad you joined us. Its a great forum with great advice.

SalisCruiser

Sep 28, 2008
be real careful with those fenders. the huffy cranbrook was my first build too. the rear fender shook loose as i was going to class one day, spinning under my back tire at 28mph. I ended up wiping out in the middle of the road... not good. be careful!

riggermarander

Jun 2, 2009
College Station
be real careful with those fenders. the huffy cranbrook was my first build too. the rear fender shook loose as i was going to class one day, spinning under my back tire at 28mph. I ended up wiping out in the middle of the road... not good. be careful!
I decided to remove the fenders because they were junk, and I did not want to risk a wipe out. Yesterday morning right before i was going to head to school I made an adjustment on the factor chain tensioner and broke it. I went down to Tractor Supply and picked up a new tensioner. I ended up taking the bracket that came with the kit and cutting it down then welding the new tensioner on the modified bracket. It's not pretty, but I think it's going to be bulletproof.

This first pic is the new tensioner. The sencond pic is the finished product. Now I am off to school, and don't have to pay for the $250 parking pass. Thanks guys for all the help. Oh, and the search function on this forum is great.

Attachments

riggermarander

Jun 2, 2009
College Station
I was wondering if anyone could come up with a good "on the road" repair kit. An example would include tools and parts. I need to come up with a kit and would like some advice. I am thinking that a couple crescent wrenches, toobs, brake/clutch cables, and wire cutters would do the job. Can someone tell me if I am missing something? Maybe a bottle of pre-mix in case I run out of gas and need to fill up at a station? Ideas?

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I was wondering if anyone could come up with a good "on the road" repair kit. An example would include tools and parts. I need to come up with a kit and would like some advice. I am thinking that a couple crescent wrenches, toobs, brake/clutch cables, and wire cutters would do the job. Can someone tell me if I am missing something? Maybe a bottle of pre-mix in case I run out of gas and need to fill up at a station? Ideas?
http://motorbicycling.com/f3/what-your-road-kit-198.html

http://motorbicycling.com/f3/lets-build-tool-kit-3259.html