Headlight / Watts

GoldenMotor.com

jmanl16

May 22, 2009
North Olmsted, OH
I finished building my first 80cc kit (I know it's only 66cc), a boygofast kit. The wiring it working perfectly, even with the kill-switch (for now). And I have that white cable that I know is a generator. Does anyone know where I could find an appropriate light to put on my bike and connect to that white cable? Does anyone know the specific voltage/watts that it puts out?

Thanks for the help, it would be cool to have a light on it for evening rides.

Thanks again.

Norco John

May 26, 2009
Brookston, IN
It's about 6 Volts, maybe 3-4 Watts. About the same as you'd get from a bicycle generator light set.
That's the NEXT project, right after the spring-loaded chain idler.
I've got a boygofast "80" kit, too.

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
seriously, i need to find a spring-loaded chain idler, the one that comes with the kit is crap.
Tractor Supply (TSC) Has a nice spring tensioner for $10. Its the best one I have seen for the money. I put one on my last build, the OCC bike, it works good.

John

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Questions: The chain that I recieved with my kit(first build), the rollers have about 1/32 play side to side- is this typical? The cylinder casting has a small defect, I can see a small part of the cyl sleeve bolt or possiably it's bolt sleeve if it has one. I don't think that it is a problem or is it? BoyGoFast kit.
Thanks Russell

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Questions: The chain that I recieved with my kit(first build), the rollers have about 1/32 play side to side- is this typical? The cylinder casting has a small defect, I can see a small part of the cyl sleeve bolt or possiably it's bolt sleeve if it has one. I don't think that it is a problem or is it? BoyGoFast kit.
Thanks Russell
No the 1/32 play side to side is not a problem at all. In fact I use #41 chain which has another 1/16 side play and it works perfect. I use it because it is lighter (smaller side plates) but actually has more tensile strength, and it is much easier to find than the #415 kit chain. You can buy the #41 chain, master links, and offset links at TSC or about any large hardware store.

John

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I have a lighting system for sale in the swap and shop look for "lights". it's a almost plug and play system.
The chain on these bikes can be a pain as some are poorly made some are good I've had one chain that needed all the pins( peened you have to round over each cross pin on the chain)to keep it from coming apart. If your looking for a different roller for the tensioner I like to use a modified skate board wheel.
The defects on the cylinders are mostly cosmetic flaws and won't harm the engine as long as you don't see any black oily stuff coming out of them if you do then that is a sign that the flaw goes all the way into the cylinder wall and the seller should send you a replacement or an exchange for the bad cylinder for a good one at least replace the engine , that's my opinion on that.
I've bought flawed cylinder engines and they work just as good and one that has no casting flaws. I know it doesn't look as nice but it works just as good.
I hope I helped you guys with your questions.
Norman

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Thanks for the info. Have built several diy electrics that I enjoy. First 2 cycle build, a stingray occ. Seems to be a lot of info on that bike(thank God). I hate learning everything the hard way.

Russell

Norco John

May 26, 2009
Brookston, IN
Thanks Russell
The chain I got in my kit was so bad I thought it had been built by a 9-y-o Chinese girl with an old nail and a rock. Crooked, un-even width links, etc.