Stupid Chp

GoldenMotor.com

SoldierBoy

Feb 5, 2014
United States
they gave me a ticket for riding my motorized bike the dude called it a moped lol its a peddle assisted bike i was wearing a motorcycle helmet in the bike lane under 30 mph he pulled me over right in front of the dmv to lol they have a guide that tells you about motorized bikes to bad it was closed that day went to go fight the ticket later turns out because im a minor they threw it outdnut

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
You can ride a moped/motorized bicycle in the bike lane. So what did he nail you for.....exactly, regardless of what the CHP call your bike?

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I'm shocked he even knew what to nail you for. Most of them don't.

You need to have a moped plate on that thing. It's a $20, one time fee. That gave him the power to pull you over. Then he nailed you for no M2 license. Get the plate and don't give them any reason to stop you again. It worked for me.

SoldierBoy

Feb 5, 2014
United States
... dmv out in LA county hand book says only need to be in bike lane under 30mph the bike needs to have petals so your able to petal needs to be smaller the 80cc so how come the court threw it out

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
being un registered not having my license to ride it
Actually the CHP had it right so you were lucky to get off. :)

$20 lifetime license plate.
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg230.pdf

To get a M1 or M2 if you are under 21 you have to take the motorcycle safety course.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/dl655/mcycle_htm/requirements.htm

Motorcycle Handbook License Requirements

California issues the following license classes for two-wheel vehicle operation:

Class M1—You may operate any two-wheel motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, or motorized scooter and all vehicles listed under Class M2.
NOTE: The permit and license requirements in this handbook pertain to two-wheel vehicles and are referenced in Section12804.9 of the California Vehicle Code.

Class M2—You may operate any motorized bicycle, moped, or a bicycle with an attached motor, or a motorized scooter.
You may obtain a Class M1 or M2 license at any DMV office which provides driver license services. Motorcycle law tests and skill tests are required.

NOTE: Class C licensees may operate a motorcycle with a side car attached or a three-wheel motorcycle.

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
... dmv out in LA county hand book says only need to be in bike lane under 30mph the bike needs to have petals so your able to petal needs to be smaller the 80cc so how come the court threw it out
There is absolutely nothing in the DMV codes about being under 80cc or even under 50cc.
You made that up? :D

Read the motorized bike license plate form reg230.PDF if you wanna know what it really says.
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg230.pdf

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
Print out the form MBR linked and send it in with 20 bucks. use the bike's serial number whete it asks for a vin number, and add an E to the same number for the engine id number. should get the plate in 2-3 weeks.

California is one of the few states that are very clear on the laws for our bikes. If you want to know everything, google "california dmv index m" and scroll down to motorized bicycles.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
It would be really nice if you could simply walk into any DMV and get your registration and plate, but sadly the DMV's are pretty much clueless when it comes to Motorized Bicycle registration.
bairdco covered it. Motorized Bicycle registration is through the mail only.