Starting back up again

GoldenMotor.com

c2k5

Jun 24, 2012
Texas
So I parked my bike over the winter as it was unbearble to cruise around. I got it out again after around 8 months of being parked. I put an additive in the fuel before I parked it to help it stay good, so it started up the 1st time. I let it idle for awhile and everything seems to be good. Is there any thing I should do to the bike as far as maintenance goes? I'm sure the chains need new oil, but that's all I can think of.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I say just go over the entire bike, check all nuts and bolts on wheels brakes and for sure engine mounts and head nuts.

I'd clean air filter check spark plug and make sure it doesn't have carbon build up and as you mentioned check chain for proper lubrication and also check that it is tensioned properly.

Id do a good 5 min inspection and then ride the heck out of it and enjoy...

Map

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
+1 to the above.

I had parked my bike for over two months, put a splash of gas in it, flipped the fuel and choke on, rode down hill. Started right up.

If you've got a good engine and carb that little beast will start right up.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
as long as the fuel does not go bad, these engines need very little prep for the winter. Drain it or use stabilizer for easy restarts.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
As above, just go over it top to bottom, front to back, make sure your fuel line and brake pads haven't hardened during storage. If the fuel filter dried out, maybe soak it for a few minutes before you try running gas through it. I'd drain the tank and fill with fresh, but you should be okay if your fuel is still good.