Felt on-line?

GoldenMotor.com

CalgarysFool

Aug 30, 2008
Greetings, fellow forumites.

I've got my sites fixed -- maybe fixated on a building a MB out of a Felt Chief.

My local dealer tells me the Canadian distributor isn't willing to bring that one in.

I've been searching Google for a bike store that has it. Can anyone offer some direction?

Thanks,

Brenton

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Brenton,

There are several "Felt" dealers here in the Tampa bay area. I can call them about pricing and availablity for the chief model.

Shipping will be a bit of hassle...I would assume it will have to be partially disassembled to make shipping practical.

I can look into this if you are interested.

Jim

CalgarysFool

Aug 30, 2008
Jim,

That would be great if you could look into this. My local dealer got back to me to tell me that the Canadian distributor won't bring in that model. Indeed, they will only bring in a select few models, and not ones I like.

If you could find out if they have the Chief, and if they'll ship to Canada, that'd be terrific. Shipping's gonna be a bit more, but surely no worse than what it cost Spooky Tooth to send me my Cruiser, motor and all!

Sure appreciate your offer to look into this on my behalf.

Brenton

CalgarysFool

Aug 30, 2008
Hey Jim,

No problem on this. I appreciate your doing me the favor of checking.

I contacted a US bike shop, and for some reason, they can't ship to Canada. Offered to send it to a US address just south of the border, if I were willing to pick it up.

There may be some kind of distribution agreement going on. I'm not sure. Just a pain if the Canadian distributor is only willing to bring in a few models, and all US businesses are obstructed from filling the gaps.

If I can't get a Chief from the US sent up here, I can get a Red Baron. I might go with that option.

In the mean time, I want to order one of your clutch kits. My current bike is a spookytooth cruiser with a 67 cc motor. If your kit will fit my bike, let's get one enroute to the Great White North!

Prob'ly better contact you by PM.

Brenton

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
I finally found the time to dig into the Felt thing.

There's no problem with shipping to Canada or anywhere else for that matter. The problem is: If you are a dealer for Felt, you have agreed to deliver thier bikes in person, (assembled)...In other words the customer must come into the retailers store and pay for thier new Felt bike in-person. After that, they have no problem shipping it anywhere you'd like.

Tell me this wouldn't make an awesome motorbike!!! Photo attached. Felt has some really nice bikes...Pricey but I like thier designs.

I had a good customer come in the other day; he has been eyeing the GT Duece that I was going to build for myself. Quote: "I want you to build that for my wife for Christmas" Damn I wanted it...I can't tell him no...he brings in way to much work for the shop. Oh well, maybe I can afford to buy a Felt from the profit off of the Deuce.

Jim

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
clotho also has a felt and his top tank is sealed. Not sure how he did it.

Man that bike would be even sweeter if that fork were a suspension fork.

I really like the Red Baron as well.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
clotho also has a felt and his top tank is sealed. Not sure how he did it.

Man that bike would be even sweeter if that fork were a suspension fork.

I really like the Red Baron as well.
Yamaha made a BMX bike that had a full suspension. When I was a kid a friend had one, we would jump it off of some high ramps.

I like the Red Baron too! Felt has sme really nice bikes. I've got to go down to St. Pete and have a look.

Jim

Attachments

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Huckersteve, Nothing secret about the tank. You should search the Internet for posts by a nice fellow named Hblocal. He did it first I think, Indeed as have others. If you search at all you will find several examples with ease. We love pictures. We would love to see pictures of your project too! :)

I've found the link he's referring to, but it's on that other forum. I'll PM you Jim.