i weigh 277

GoldenMotor.com

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
Do you ride a pedal bike? If you do then no reason why you can't motorize it with a helper engine, just get the right gearing. If you don't ride a pedal bike this might not be the best for you.

techboxproduction

Oct 28, 2011
ct
Do you ride a pedal bike? If you do then no reason why you can't motorize it with a helper engine, just get the right gearing. If you don't ride a pedal bike this might not be the best for you.
what im mixed up lol and im going to buy a beach cruiser and slap a motor on that i dont know witch motor

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Just go with prolly a 48 or 56 for good results. Maybe even a 60 or more if it's real hilly. You will just have a slower top speed and cruise speed and gas milage.
Very much worth doing. Any mbike geared for off road use would prolly suit you well.

There is a gear calculator in the DIY forum that may help you decide about gearing. For the HT engines I think you have to enter 4 to 1 ratio for first gearset on the chart.

Do it, and you will have more fun than you know :~)

Ruby478

Apr 2, 2011
Dallas,Tx
i weigh 274 and i ride a 66cc grubee sky hawk with a 44 tooth sprocket , kmc 410 heavy duty chain on a 26in cruiser frame my spokes are 11g and never had a problem i top out at 34 mph .........just know ur limits when it comes to hills if you cant pedal up it dont use your motor to go up it unless you plan on pedaling with it on

donb4103

Oct 7, 2011
Chickasha,Oklahoma
You just need to find a bike first that is rated to carry more than your weight. For an example the genisis Onyx from walmart is rated to carry 350lbs of weight. Now that bike with a good 66cc and a 44 tooth sprocket and a good nt carb with a good ngk spark plug and 91 octane gas should carry you like you weigh 190 lbs. I weigh 210 and those bikes fly uphill with me. They don`t slow down at all on a pretty steep hill if I already have my speed built up. So there are bikes out there that will carry you with no problem! You just won`t be flying around like some of the smaller guys.

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
Tech I'm 6'5" 289 lbs soaking wet, in fact you cant even tell I'm almost 300 lbs & my bike pulls me right up hills no problems. 66 CC kit rom "Boygofast.com" . Just get ready to join the 20 M.P.H. club .. LOL J/k
My top speed on even ground is 35.3 mph Welcome to the club Tech enjoy your bike and be patience that's the key to reaping the bennies

Last edited: