First Worksman frame almost ready

GoldenMotor.com

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
Well, out of the three worksman frames my buddy gave me the first one is ready for paint. I have another friend who works at a body shop and he's going to paint the frame impact orange for me which is the same color as my Jeep Rubicon. Also, I've been working on the wheels, this is a pic of one almost ready but still needs some more polishing and rust removal. The spokes sure are a pain doing them one at a time with steel wool trying to remove the oxidation. If I could afford it I'd buy a new set of worksman wheels but the set cost almost $200 bucks. As of now I have $39 in sand paper, body filler, steel wool and acetone and thats it so far as far as cost goes. My friends have donated the frames and the paint work for me so thank god for them.

Bikes :: worksman wheel picture by Droftaw - Photobucket
Bikes :: worksman frame picture by Droftaw - Photobucket

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
Well, I gave up on the old worksman wheels, they are just too much work and won't turn out perfect regardless so I'm gonna fork out the money for the new wheel set and adapter and sprocket. Still planning on buying the upgraded hardware kit for the PK80 engine I have, K&N style air filter and new carb. Guess I'll be set then after getting free frames I end up forking out $125 engine, $250 wheelset w/ adapter and sprocket, $17 air filter, $25 carb, $10 hardware kit for a total of $427 so far.............so far, lol.

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
So heres the paint job on the worksman frame and fork and the peanut tank (temporary tank). Next to it is my Rubicon that I've had the frame painted to match. Worksman wheels are on the way here along with the sprocket adapter and sprocket from manic. Can't wait to start puttin this one together. You can't really tell it but the colors are a perfect match done by a professional painter (no spray can). Once the black tires, chrome rims, black handlebars and engine go on it'll match the jeep pretty good. Gettin some "RUBICON" decals made to go on the side of the tank too.

0418101851a.jpg

cid__downsize-1-1.jpg

Last edited:

rockhopper

Mar 20, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
So heres the paint job on the worksman frame and fork and the peanut tank (temporary tank). Next to it is my Rubicon that I've had the frame painted to match. Worksman wheels are on the way here along with the sprocket adapter and sprocket from manic. Can't wait to start puttin this one together. You can't really tell it but the colors are a perfect match done by a professional painter (no spray can). Once the black tires, chrome rims, black handlebars and engine go on it'll match the jeep pretty good. Gettin some "RUBICON" decals made to go on the side of the tank too.

View attachment 23331

View attachment 23332
Very nice.

How will it mount on the Jeep...

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
lookin into a trailer hitch mounted bike carrier so the bike will travel in style behind the Jeep. Also lookin for the most high profile off road bike tires to kinda match the mud tires on the Jeep. I know they won't be practical for riding on the street but man they'll look nice :)

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
I think so too Rock but you never know about these things until you actually have all the pieces but I got my fingers crossed.

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
yeah I was thinkin the carrier would need paint too. I'll post more pics as parts come in and get installed throughout the build.