What does your wife/gf think of your bike(s)?

GoldenMotor.com

What does your wife/gf think of your bike(s)? She is:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sudjim

Jun 8, 2008
Gainesville, FL
My wife wants me to be happy. She allows me all the latitude I want. But I'm running out of room. I really need to get my 67 bug restored, but I keep spending money on bike stuff. I am the one in my house that stops me from spending too much money. I really want to do a trike, a tandem, a top speed bike and a top mpg bike. I just need more money and more free time.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
If I come home with a killer vintage Bike, I get that's "to pretty" (read gets confiscated) But if I come home with a big time expensive motor, I get "what's that" 21 years later and I am just learning that I gots the best woman ever. We now own 12 great vintage bicycles and 3 really cool MBs and counting. I love my life.

andrewg225

Jul 19, 2009
ontairo
My Gf hate my hobby i spend to much time with my bike buddies she says .. and every time i come back from rideing she complains that i doun't ride her as much as i do my bike lol jk

hellhammered

Jan 23, 2010
Maine
My wife hates the bike, hates that I like the bike, hates every dime I spend on the bike, hates any time I spend on the bike, won't come anywhere near the bike. She gets to spend money on anything she wants, because those things are "for the house." I get to sneak out while she's picking up kids from school and ride around the block a few times before she gets back.
That sounds rough bro, at least my wife sleeps during the day, so that will give me some good ride time come spring!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Man, I really am a lucky dawg. Carol cooks at our get togethers/MB rallys, buys tools, parts for me and thinks you guys are a "hoot" She has never ridden one and has no interest.

That is a thought! If your spouse does not like these things, invite some local MBers out for a ride and lunch. (cook out or resturant, what ever) But invite the wives/GFs/BFs/husbands or whom ever along. Make it a social thing that includes them. Carol was always cool about my addiction but after we went to a rally thing in Del., she was into it.

(I gotta go call my wife an' tell her I love her. Been 4 hrs since last time, snork)

r.ly.

Spunout

MB Builder Extraordinaire
Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com
GRIPE ALERT:
even though she has a MB of her own (rides only 2x a year), i voted "convinced that this hobby is unsafe, and she is resentful of the time and/or money I spend on it." very non-supportive.
its not the "unsafe" part thats the issue...just the time and money (even though bike-building pays for our toys).
those of you whom have supportive wives/gf or whatever: be thankful. you're lucky.

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
darn muffler bearing went out on the car, had to order a new one! the Kanooter valve is shot and needed replaced.Had to have it! my addiction is like the air I breathe, I have to have it!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Rodger That File! (Cracked me up with "muffler bearing")((can you buy those in sets or only as stand alones?))

Sharksfan

Nov 28, 2009
San Jose, CA.
when i finished my 24" Colson (the one in the rustoration build-off) my neighbor's wife said "that's sooo cute..."

i wanted to smack her in the kisser...

I had a gal say the same thing to me once. I said "Are you kidding me? Look at this thing. It's big, it's black, it has a MOTOR on it. There is nothing CUTE about a bicycle that goes 30mph. Now,if you want a cute bike my daughter has a cute bike. It is small and pink. Lady this bike is bad a**!"

Homeless Bob

Feb 25, 2010
Louisiana
We're both old motorcyclers who have used motorcycles for primary transportation in our youths so.... as soon as I started looking at motorized bikes and talking about them with a friend, she looked at the pics and said firmly; "...Ohhhh... I'd like one of those!"

I have the right partner, huh? LOL

donutguy

Feb 4, 2010
PA
I own my own company and my motorized bicycle is a promotional vehicle, so it's a tax write off. As long as the funds for my toys don't come out of household expenses......my wife doesn't care what the heck I do.