Project 'Hippie Hater'

GoldenMotor.com

MattLGiberson

Apr 23, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
This is the second bike I've built completely from scratch. The first one I built that used a 20" rear tire didn't fulfill my need for speed so this one has a complete jack-shaft kit with a 5 speed rear wheel and suicide shifter. This bike is also obviously a kick start only.

Now I realize that I have broke the rules a little bit and was unable to keep the peddle part of the bike...so technically speaking its just a tiny motorcycle. I haven't got an actually speed on the bike but I'm guessing about 45-50 kmh on 20" tires.

I still have to tear it back down and paint it. The bike has a full lighting system running off of a small 12V battery. I want to upgrade the rear brake to a disc but haven't quite figured out how to hook up the disc to the wheel yet though.

Anyways, I'll post the finished bike pics in a week or 2. Comments, questions and criticism are always welcome.

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Nice little build. What colors did you choose. That would look good in 'Captain America' colors. Then you could ride and hum 'The Weight' . Please send us some pictures of the finished project. Thanks for sharing with us.
Tom

OCCstingray

May 3, 2009
Chester County, PA
That bike is great. If it were me I would leave the color just like it is, like an old hot rod style. But if you decide to paint it, what would look good is flat black with red acsent pieces such as the wheels, pinstriping, etc.

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
that looks awsome man , but like mine . it looks like something you,ll get in a lot of trouble for if your caught on the street with , i,m pretty sure that mine would be classed as a motorcycle , yours isn,t that far off from mine . But i love it , cool job with the forks .

Lay'emLow

Nov 4, 2009
Gainesville, Fl
Im down with anything garage built. PROPS MAN! oh and as for paint... LEAVE IT!! if anything throw some pinstriping and clear for portection.I think the bare metal accentuates the home-made-ness.