Thoughts on this Phantom Motorized Bike for Sale

GoldenMotor.com

Anthemavm

Jul 23, 2011
Ocean
This bike came up for sale local, and seems to have some nice bike parts on it. I don't know much about motorized bikes, and am turning to the experts to tell me what it is worth. It has about 100 miles on it.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks very much.

Msiert

Sep 19, 2014
Omaha NE.
I agree that is a custom build from a very good company (Phantom Bikes). My guess is that bike cost at least $3,000 to $3,500 new.

For maintanence it's just like any other motorized bicycle.

What I learned is it's 1/2 bicycle and 1/2 small engine. To truly enjoy this hobby/sport you need to learn how to work on both. Your local bike shop can help you with the bicycle 1/2 but you need to be able to take care of the engine and drive.

Last edited:

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
You can read about the engines in the 4 stroke kits topic area, the engine on that is a Huasheng 142F. Very low maintenenance, fairly high reliability. I've built mine up last summer, and all you really need to do is change the oil occasionally, and make sure your bolts are tight like any machine. Tuning the valve lash is very simple and there's a great thread somewhere here on that process (only takes a few minutes). If they are asking $1500, that's a pretty good deal. With only 100 miles on it, they basically broke it in for you.

Panhead

Mar 20, 2015
Michigan U.S.A.
That's a really cool looking bike! My first instinct was 'if it runs as good as it looks', but, really, with some of the parts I see on that, $1500 would be a deal if it wasn't running at all.