Can I use a power generator engine for a bicycle motor

GoldenMotor.com

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Oh lord, I was waiting for that chain to break or come off and wrap around the guy. That bike sorely needs a chain guard.

Tom
It'll be easy being on my ground crew Tom, basically, ya just stand around with the Fire extinguisher on the ready and 911 on speed dial.
fatdaddy.

Last edited:

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Ah yes, the dear little Velosolex. I don't know if the tech rules are as simple as they were. They had to be no more than 50cc, use the original crankcase and drive roller ssembly, and run on petrol. After that, get on with it.

Sometimes you could almost forgive the French for their Frenchness.

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Oh lord, I was waiting for that chain to break or come off and wrap around the guy. That bike sorely needs a chain guard.

Tom
Can you imagine what the gearing is on that bike, a 10T to a 44T on a 26" wheel...?

Bet it didnt take him long to figure out that wasnt gonna work when he took for the maiden voyage...lol

BOYGOFAST

Sep 28, 2013
Citrus Springs Fl.
@38 lbs shipping and the price it's the best buy on the market,setting it up on a extra large bicycle frame should be easy enough ...if I'm ever able to finish at least one bike my next will be the 212 cc Briggs ..

Last edited:

BOYGOFAST

Sep 28, 2013
Citrus Springs Fl.
a decent centrifugal clutch added along with a sprocket set of 3 or 4 and the chain movement on that it should do at least 60 without adding anything to 89 rated fuel...

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
a decent centrifugal clutch added along with a sprocket set of 3 or 4 and the chain movement on that it should do at least 60 without adding anything to 89 rated fuel...
Are you nuts or have a death wish? Do you have any idea how fast 60 mph would be on a bicycle? This is nonsense encouraging more nonsense. I think you will find that 30 mph on a bicycle feels very fast and the opportunity for hurting yourself is huge and increases exponentially as you increase the speed. If you want to go 50 or 60 mph get a motorcycle or ride in your car. This is stupid talk. I'm sorry, but calling it like it is.
SB

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
@38 lbs shipping and the price it's the best buy on the market,
setting it up on a extra large bicycle frame should be easy enough ...
if I'm ever able to finish at least one bike my next will be the 212 cc Briggs ..
He has the engine.

He has a $140 aluminum frame Wally bike and $100 in his pocket.
All of this is typed above.

May I suggest you actually build something that actually runs with the spare time you spend here giving advice to others on what to do first?

I know that may sound silly or maybe even rude, but I have been here a long time and seen all your 'advice' under multiple names, but yet to see a single things you have actually built.

Is it just me?
Or should you not even being able to build yourself something to ride after trying more than once qualifications for advice on anything other than what not to do?

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
He has the engine.

He has a $140 aluminum frame Wally bike and $100 in his pocket.
All of this is typed above.

May I suggest you actually build something that actually runs with the spare time you spend here giving advice to others on what to do first?

I know that may sound silly or maybe even rude, but I have been here a long time and seen all your 'advice' under multiple names, but yet to see a single things you have actually built.

Is it just me?
Or should you not even being able to build yourself something to ride after trying more than once qualifications for advice on anything other than what not to do?
Amen to that...

boxcar

Dec 18, 2014
Astoria OR
Jeez . I didn't mean to start any thing here . That was the only vid I could find on short notice that show'd a 6 ish hp briggs on a rear rack mount....
The guy is a bit nuts IMHO ....
Sorry........ Gregg , The troll

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Jeez . I didn't mean to start any thing here . That was the only vid I could find on short notice that show'd a 6 ish hp briggs on a rear rack mount....
The guy is a bit nuts IMHO ....
Sorry........ Gregg , The troll
Gregg,
You aren't responsible for the problems being discussed above. There is another member who has been posting some bad advice around the forum. The guys are talking about his comments, not the vid you posted.

Tom

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
@38 lbs shipping and the price it's the best buy on the market,setting it up on a extra large bicycle frame should be easy enough ...if I'm ever able to finish at least one bike my next will be the 212 cc Briggs ..
Man, here you are giving advice again or whatever it is you always do and yet you admit here in this post that you haven't been able to finish even one build, I dont want to be rude or come across as if Im in attack mode but you need to just read, learn and then figure out how to finish your own bike or bikes, before you start giving advice to others.

Have you ever considered that you could give some advice that someone could use because they didnt know any better and that advice ma6 direct them to do something that could get them hurt bad or even worse.

For goodness sakes, quit advising people on here when you dont even know what you're doing yet, this isnt an advice competition, we tell people what we thing they should or shouldn't do based on our personal experience, not just a bunch of blabbering off the top of our heads.

Im not hating on you BOYGOFAST, but seriously... you need to quit advising people on here until you have some personal experience with having success with yourown builds.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
A little engine is fine on the front wheel.
Bridget Bardot liked hers.

Scary considering the top weight she already had ;-}

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Hey Motor Awesomeness, I gotta agree with everything Mapbike and KC said. I DID try to warn you that ANYONE can post here. How are ya gonna listen to a guy thats never completed a build? This is exactly what I was talking about. Not only are his posts very hard to understand, He almost ALWAYS gives bad advice. I'm just waiting till he switches to the OTHER site and leaves us alone, I dont wanna be a ARSE but this guy has been talked to A LOT and STILL try's to give advice. I'll show you MANY builds I've done and so will most of the long time members here. I'd think ya wanna take advice from someone thats actually BUILT a bike or two. if ever in doubt just go to 2door, mapbike or KC Vale. and I'll do my best for ya too.
fatdaddy.usflg

I got a couple pics of BoyGoFast working on his bike. LOL:-||zpt

Motor awesomeness

Nov 3, 2014
Illinois
Hey guys, good news and bad news:
The good stuff: My school has an autos club once a week and sometimes twice a week, tools are provided. I got a place to work now!!!
The bad news: Illinois law says for it to be legal without all the hassle of rego, insurance, etc., The motor has to be LESS THAN 1 HP (Epic fail by 5.5 HP) and CANNOT GO FASTER THAN 20 MPH ON A FLAT PAVED SURFACE (Another epic fail cause i know 6.5 HP can get at least 40 MPH ungoverned), also 1 HP can propell a bike up to 30 MPH WITHOUT ASSISTANCE OF PEDALLING, just starting from a dead stop requires pedal assistance. And that is deep into moped territory and probably motorcycle territory (Law says 50cc or less for a moped, i got 212 cc, ANOTHER EPIC FAIL). How do i make my motorized bicycle with a 212 cc engine to be legally defined as a LOW SPEED GAS POWERED BICYCLE as the state calls it?.duh.