A little new to engines

GoldenMotor.com

beardcaller

Dec 12, 2008
St. Mary's City, MD
Hey everyone I've been reading about these projects for about 6 months now and i am about to attempt to build my first motorized bike. What really got me interested was seeing the "Houghmade" board track racer. I'm from Maryland and am attending College at St.Marys College of Maryland. I build random projects quite frequently and this one seemed fun and functional as it will allow me to travel between home and school cheap and easily (a 20 minute car trip). Hope to speak to some of you soon.

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
Welcome. Just some advise however. Although these bikes are fun, the real joy for a lot of us is the constant maintenance. The bikes are truely fun to ride as long as you keep up with that maintenance. Have fun and good luck. Keep us posted on your build.

beardcaller

Dec 12, 2008
St. Mary's City, MD
For me that is half of the fun as well. iIknew that if i wanted to just get something that required no work i should have bought a moped or something but this just seemed better in so many ways. Thank you for the advice its good to know people are looking out for one another

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
Welcome to the forum!

You picked a good project and when it's all said and done and you're cruisin' the streets, everyone is gonna want to know who you are and where did you get that bike!!!

When you start ridin' one of these, you may never want to go back to another type of vehicle the rest of your life! Glad you could join us!