I messed up my hands. fell off

GoldenMotor.com

clashed13

Aug 30, 2011
Michigan
So yesterday I was ridng my bike about 20mph and out of nowhere my bike tire just locks up and throws me over the handle bars, first reaction is to throw my hands out forward which I did. I scraped my hands up pretty bad thick skin is missing and it stings alot. So I layed om the concrete floor for about 2 minutes trying to deal with the pain I got and this kid that saw me fall came to help me up and told me to get out of here which I shouldve listened and just left because a minute later an ambulance came so apparantly a lady called the waaaaaaaambulance saying she saw a kid fall off his bike. They did the whole checkign procedure on me and wrapped my hands up. But I told them I was fine and didnt want to go to the hospital. They were having to at first because im a minor but I called my mom up and the lady ambulance talked to her and they let me leave. Question is how the heck did my tire just stop? I looked at the chain tensioner to see if it got caught in the spokes and no it was fine. But shortly after when I was leaving I sat on the bike and wasnt going to start the motor with injured hands, the motor chain snapped I was like wtf so I peddled home. Now I gotta buy new pedals new 415 chain, and a new seat because it got chewed up by concrete. fml my hands hurt.

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
If the front tire stopped causing you to go over the handlebars, what would the chain have to do with it? Or did I interpret what you said wrong?

I'm glad your sort of okay! The other day my front tire locked up, doing about 20 also. But I was lucky, I didn't get thrown.

Terry

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
That really S**ks, i can feel your pain. If you want a 415 chain that you will never have to worry about check out the D.I.D. 415ER from JCMOTORS its a little spendy but its the one i run and its like biuy it once and never again. and look at the tensile strenght, these bikes will not break it
Anyway good luck..

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
I would put my money on motor, chain, and sprocket alignment. Any combination of those problems can result in your rear tire locking up from your chain derailing, jamming, or even snapping.

Lance Portnoff

Mar 22, 2010
pennsylvania
sorry to hear that bro, I crashed once like that on a regular bike on gravel and I f#@!$D up my hands bad, now I always wear gloves no matter what the temp outside, I always see people wearing no gloves on motorcycles and think back of the pain I was in
get well soon

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Yes, wear gloves, even if it's the cheap leather gloves from Home Depot.

Helmet too, of course. Ya might want to consider elbow guards, knee/shin guards, maybe a chest protector.

That's what I wear. I must look like Iron Man, lol.brnot

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Looks familiar...

Keep it clean and moist under a wrap with a teflon-coated nonstick bandage...and yes my skin was wrinkled and pushed back on my elbow...awesome.

Last edited:

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Clean it with some betadine and apply neosporin once or twice a day. White isn't bad. Red, splotchy, itchy broke-out skin is. That means infection. Watch for abnormal amounts of discharge and smelly junx coming out of it. Like I said before, keep it covered and moist with the neosporin. It'll heal.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Man, that does hurt. Feel better soon!

HF sells finger-less gloves for jack hammering that also help with vibes as the palms are padded. Search results for: 'gloves vibro' It is the 9th one down and I have only seen or bought them in yellow. They are great for crashes, (I've had a few) and the fingerless thing allows you to work with out taking them off. Very, very worth the 10 bucks!

Glad your not hurt worse. Though mega scraped up hands is no fun.

Mozenrath

Jan 13, 2011
California
If the front tire stopped causing you to go over the handlebars, what would the chain have to do with it? Or did I interpret what you said wrong?

I'm glad your sort of okay! The other day my front tire locked up, doing about 20 also. But I was lucky, I didn't get thrown.

Terry
If your front tire locked up, perhaps you have a busted bearing or not enough grease in the bearings? That's my only guess as to how it would lock up.

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Ya, I'm confused as to how you went over the bars if the problem was at the rear. Check the bearings on the front and back of the bike. What wheels/bike is your motor mounted to?

karama8484

Aug 12, 2011
Houston
Oh man. I had a similar thing happen to me. I was pedaling to get up to speed getting ready to release the clutch. And when I released it, the motor didn't come on and instead the rear tire just locked up and almost knocked me over. Luckily there wasn't a car behind me or I would've been screwed. It took me like a good 30 seconds of engaging and disengaging the clutch handle before I was able to get my rear tire to move...Anyways, glad you're ok. Be aware of any traffic behind you as it can be especially disastrous if your bike chooses to act up then.