No Spark! Help Please

GoldenMotor.com

bigboiwes

Aug 26, 2011
United States
I just put a new carb on my bike and its working properly and when i took out the spark plug i see that it was receiving gas but wasnt sparking to turn the engine over. What could the problem be? I unplugged the kill switch so it cant be that. What else could it be?

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I just put a new carb on my bike and its working properly and when i took out the spark plug i see that it was receiving gas but wasnt sparking to turn the engine over. What could the problem be? I unplugged the kill switch so it cant be that. What else could it be?
How can you install a new carburetor, and the bike is working, yet on the other hand (and the plug sparking doesn't turn the engine over) it doesn't work.
What king of engine are we talking about to begin with. Was the engine running before the carburetor swap, and not with the new carburetor?, or are you telling us that the carburetor is working properly?

bigboiwes

Aug 26, 2011
United States
I put a new carb because the old ones was messed up and its a 50cc engine. and yes before the carb got messed up the bike was working properly.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Hi Bigboiwes welcome to the forum! Really great awesome folks here that will help you straighten this out! Please let us know what kind of motor you have?