New, first build!

GoldenMotor.com

bigdaddy55

Aug 3, 2011
Texas
I am not a youngster but a somewhat old fuddyduddy!

I have been looking for something to build as I am going crazy with no project to work on. So I was looking on line at Huffy bikes and fell in love with the Big Daddy cruiser. I have been looking for one all over and finally had to order one today from KMART, I had some coupons and got it for $112. I have another cruiser that I ride and have been searching for either electric or gas kits. Well the battery prices are outrageous! So I have been looking at the gas kits and orderd a Grubee GT 5 from Pistonbikes for $179. I looked at some other kits and this one seems to be better quality than the others I looked at.

I just found this site this afternoon so y'all will probably let me have it for buying the wrong thing, but that's OK I can take it. I will be bothering you for info and what not to buy on future purchases.

I am an old race car fabricator/engine builder, just can't see spending 30 grand on a hotrod anymore.....

Thanks,

John

brnot

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy John, welcome.

Lots of Hotrod guys around so ya will feel right at home.

Looking forward to seeing your build. You car guys always do some great work.

ratrod

Feb 7, 2011
Australia
gday john welcome from oz
i would like to see this custom tank thats my next upgrade...along with discs, forks, handlebars, frame stretch ahh the list just goes on but the funds will ensure i take my time.....good luck

bigdaddy55

Aug 3, 2011
Texas
Thanks my bike and motor are do in Monday and Tuesday and the tank is the first thing I am going to tackle. I'll post pics when I get started.
John

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
John,
Welcome to the forum from another old rodder.
You've come to the right place for help with your first bike project. Your automotive experience will prove valuable but there are some kinks about these little beasts that you'll want to know about after you start your build.
Ask away. That's why we're here. Have fun and ride safe.
Tom

bigdaddy55

Aug 3, 2011
Texas
Thanks 2door! I have been reading on the forum. I'm pretty handy, and I am already planning what I have to do. I'll holler if I need help.brnot