improvments over the years

GoldenMotor.com

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
well im kinda curios what kind of improvments have been made to these ht motors over the years i mean stock not aftermarket mods

i hate to think of the headache of the first kits they must have been alot cheaper made then the current ones one the market

Black_Moons

Oct 25, 2010
Canada, Bc
The only improvment iv found from my achient 50cc to my brand new 80cc is the woodruff key that holds the clutch to the axel is ever so slightly wider.. making me file out the slot in my old clutch, And the pins that hold the clutch plate are much longer.. Not that they need to be longer, unless you somehow fit in REALLY thick aftermarket pads.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I found that annoying woodruff key situation too- spent a lot of time filing something SO SMALL!

I wish they'd simply cast a wider mount at the bottom, for the wider tubing- a simple alloy shim could fill in then on older narrow tubes, and we'd all be much happier. It would weigh less than those clamp adapters too.

still waiting for that "locking freewheel/sprocket" on the motor chain, that can be cable operated, and set to freewheel when the motor's off- eliminating having to pedal the motor chain and disengaged clutch.

Last edited:

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
on my gt5 they advertised a wider front mount i did notice that the cast was wider but the hole were drilled with the same jig cause they are the same distance apart