Banana Seat on a Mountain bike.

GoldenMotor.com

beentryin

Apr 24, 2010
goshen,ohio
Funny you should mention it, I put one on my Schwinn searcher just the other day. It's not exactly a run of the mill mountain bike, but it should give you some idea. I like the way the seat sits, I can site much farther back and a little lower, which is much more comfortable for me. My only complaints are that it could be about an inch wider and it needs a LOT more padding. My project for this week is to locate some upholstery type vinyl (black of course) and some nice thick padding. If I do the padding right, it should take care of the width issue too.
the front end is backwards?

Tim_B_172

Aug 26, 2009
Saint Joseph, MO
Beentryin, The gooseneck is backwards, the forks are still normal. I found the handlebars to be more comfortable this way because it takes the weight off of my hands.

Hunterkn, here's a recent pic (below). The seat pan has been shortened, padding added and re-covered with vinyl. I've been riding with it this way for a while now and I love the smooth ride.

Attachments

Tim_B_172

Aug 26, 2009
Saint Joseph, MO
Top speed on flat ground is 29mph, and I've had it for a little over a year. I couldn't venture a guess as to how many miles are on it.

I know some may think 29 is slow, but honestly, I'm comfortable with it. I run a 48t sprocket because I live on top of a huge hill. Anything less than 48t and I won't make it to the top, trust me, I've tried smaller sprockets.