Bent frame ROLLING DEATH TRAP

GoldenMotor.com

jrol22

Mar 19, 2010
IL
If what you are trying to build a trike. I saw this once a few years ago.

There's a site that sells bike to trike conversions.

its called lovelylowrider.com

Check it out. Maybe It can help?

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
use a piece of angle iron from one wheel to the next, that would be my next move with such a contraption.

crobo

Mar 24, 2010
boston ma
triangles triangles triangles. one big one over the top of the fender and wheel to wheel. and any others uc an toss in

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Weld 2 straight pieces of the square tubing all the way across under the bike frame itself to the existing tubing you used so that both of the ridgid "a-arms" are connected together instead of the frame having to hold everything up with its thin wall tubing, this will solve your problem, just brace it up where both sides are joined as one.

.trk

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
as a general rule , on the forum , if i don,t have something nice to say , i don,t say anything at all ( sorry but i HAVE TO make an exception this time )

was that pic an april fools joke or what , cause if it wasn,t , you definately nailed it when you named the thread .

i get very angry when i see people doing things that will get them or others hurt , or even killed , you don,t ride that in traffic i hope .

anyways , take the above advice and replace the axles with solid pieces across from wheel to wheel , triagulation is also a good thing . fix it propperly , make it SAFE .

if i sounded like i was harpin on ya , its cause i was , ( i don,t wanna read about you in the back of the newspaper )

take care , be safe

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
as a general rule , on the forum , if i don,t have something nice to say , i don,t say anything at all ( sorry but i HAVE TO make an exception this time )

was that pic an april fools joke or what , cause if it wasn,t , you definately nailed it when you named the thread .

i get very angry when i see people doing things that will get them or others hurt , or even killed , you don,t ride that in traffic i hope .

anyways , take the above advice and replace the axles with solid pieces across from wheel to wheel , triagulation is also a good thing . fix it propperly , make it SAFE .

if i sounded like i was harpin on ya , its cause i was , ( i don,t wanna read about you in the back of the newspaper
take care , be safe
I see were your coming from. This was originaly a sci fair
bike, just made for showing alternitive transportation. I don't have the skills to make my own rear axle, and I have invested a while bunch in this bike. If I could,
I'd like my cash back
and I'd just throw the bike away, but it's nit like that :D

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

if i sounded like i was harpin on ya , its cause i was , ( i don,t wanna read about you in the back of the newspaper )

take care , be safe

AMen to that........ unless there is some serious bracing done that thing will get someone hurt and thats not good, but hey it's an easy fix, just take the advice on this thread up to this point and you will be in business..... good luck and lets get some back bone on this bike and quick....!

exavid

Dec 12, 2009
Medford, OR
You can't cantilever tubes that light out without support. think of A frames on automobile suspensions. You really need those two tubes braced with a drag link from just inside each wheel to a point forward on the frame. You probably can't go too far forward without interfering with your pedals but that's a must. You also need a brace tube going upward, possibly welded just below the seat clamp. It takes three legs to make a tripod and that's what you're trying to do. You could get by with a solid axle welded to the bike frame near the dropouts but it would have to be a pretty thick wall tube to handle the stress with no bracing. You'd also need a couple of steel gussets to brace the tube to the bike frame and axle junction. That would be pretty heavy. One thing that would help a bit would be to narrow up the track a bit so the stress on the axles would be less. Don't give up, you can learn a lot fiddling around with a project like this.