Where's that 36 track cog?

GoldenMotor.com

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Or 40?

I've looked around a bit and haven't seen a track cog more than about 22 teeth.

It seems that witha flip/flop hub, one could simply screw on a large track cog and motor on.

Sure, the threading is then reversed, but shouldn't the lockring then still lock it down?

no fuss, no muss, and all those bolts and steel and rubber eliminated.

The only real trouble is how much a track cog otherwise costs these days since the whole "fixie" thing came along. I think they were about $5 back in the 70's when I rode a little track.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
N Kat, Don`t Think Lock Nut Will Work, It And Sprocket Will Just Screw Off. If You Took Bearing`s Out And Some Brazing Or Torch Type Aluminum Weld (if Hub Is Alum). If There Were L H Threaded Cog`s, That Would Be Nice. Maybe Someone Will Market Different Size Sprockets With 1 3/8" L H Threaded Hole. Ron

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
The lock ring is reverse thread- so even though the sprocket would want to unscrew I think the lockring would still hold it on-

It's so a trakkie can both speed up and then slow down with reverse pressure-

I got a Schwinn Paramount track bike for my 21st- back in the day (wish I still had it!)
and riding the fixed gear was a bit tricky at first- but I was eventually even riding a fixed cog in winter training in the colorado mountains. Really spinning downhill!