Spark plug wire

GoldenMotor.com

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
I am in need of a spark plug wire an a new boot,Is there one that i can pick up at the local Auto Zone?Performance is what I'm after,if you could recommend what i need that would be great.Thank you!

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
Aaron do you have the origional wire as its better than most "Performance wire" you will find.
Most people just change the boot for some reason, i find the stock wire works fine.
I got some ignition wires off a mates Volkswagon transit van 7mm made if individual strands of wire maybe 3 times as much as the stock wire, works the same perfect.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
The wire itself IS actually really good - though the boot is a total POS, you can get just a replacement boot from any lawnmower repair business or it's equivalent.

If you want to use a electronic speedometer or listen to a radio w/o interference - get a "resistor" cap, it doesn't hamper performance in any way - just kills the electromagnetic "noise".

I ran with the stock cap for about a week before it fell apart lol

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
Yep that's what mine did fell apart like almost everything else in the kit LoL.I had a speedo on there an noticed it would reset after every ride so i took it off,but would like to be able to use it.I was reading somewhere here,resistor caps will not work did i read wrong?Thanks for the information

Last edited:

AnthonyX99

Oct 13, 2009
Winnipeg
Would this help with flicker head lights I having a problem with that there 90 lumen flashlights aluminum
and always look like powers being drained from them.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Would this help with flicker head lights I having a problem with that there 90 lumen flashlights aluminum
and always look like powers being drained from them.
The ignition system on your bike engine will have no effect on a headlight unless you're using the white wire to power it. I would suspect vibration or road shock is what is making your headlight flicker.
Tom

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
you have any suggestions on how to fix this problem would think rubber help ?
I'd have to see a picture of your headlight and how you have it mounted before I could offer a suggestion. It is possible to mount it in rubber but that might cause you as much problem as you already have. I'd check the connections in your 'flashlight'. Make sure everything is tight and the battery spring in strong enough to hold things together. Flashlights are not designed to withstand the vibration encountered on the handlebars of a motorized bicycle. You might be faced with finding another light source.
Tom

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Anthony I see its a flash light, try stretching the spring at the end of the flash light that connects to the ground side of the batteries.

AnthonyX99

Oct 13, 2009
Winnipeg
Alright I'll try that and it only does this when the engine is running I have a little indicator that shows when the battery is almost dead and it's red only on right side beside the kill switch and the left occasionally well flicker abit and sometimes show battery low, and thanks for the advice I'll try stretching the spring and see if it helps.