Wildfire Motors Motorized Bicycle Complete

GoldenMotor.com

zero240sx

May 29, 2009
Kentucky
Wildfire Motors - WFG-26MBW Moped

OK before i started building my bike i found this bike being sold for $450.00 at a couple of local businesses owned by the same guy... i liked it ok but i didnt know anything about them and i thought 450 was steep.... now hindsight... i would have saved money by getting this and saved alot of time and it has some extras that i dont have.

it is being sold online for $630.00 but here locally $450.00 thats a big jump. i talked to a guy that works there and he said that they buy them 5 at a time and they arent trying to get rich on them... its just a thing the owner wanted to do. the wholesaler actually raised the price on them for the second shipment and they still sell them for the same 450 i really wish i would have gotten this guy. i could have bought 2 for all of the money ive had to spend getting mine done. ohh well.. if anyone is interested in these let me know. ohh yeah it has a little wheel generator mounted on the front wheel.

i believe some of you geniuses out there could really pimp this ride.

smokindawg

Sep 27, 2008
Re: Wildfire Motors MB Complete

It even has disc brakes on the front already, from that picture. Looks like a heck of a deal for $450.

zero240sx

May 29, 2009
Kentucky

yeah the disk breakes would be nice and i believe it has a 3/4 or one gallon tank... i know its bigger than my 1/2 gallon.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX

I've seen the Wildfire MBs on EBay and they appear to be a deal for the money.
I thought it was curious that they run the headlight from a wheel driven generator instead of the white wire on the engine.
One of the main reasons I bought a motor kit was to assemble it myself and do some tinkering.

zero240sx

May 29, 2009
Kentucky

i thought about that... maybe the little generator is more stable than the white wire.... and maybe using the wire for all of that might bog down the motor....im not sure just a guess ive never used either of them

fm2200

Nov 16, 2008
new york city

I have one of those bikes from Wildfire, it as about a 1 1//4 gallon tank which I put on my Spookytooth Dresser. The disc brakes are real efficient, the handlebars are not wide enough for me so I put beach cruiser handlebars, the little 50cc is ok but I prefer the 80/67 cc that's on the spookytooth, I use it as a back up ride should the other needs fixing. It's hub mounted rear sprocket is a definite plus, and the mc center stand is not all that stable (too narrow). It has the look of a fifties bicycle with fenders and headlight and the rear chrome rack. The engine was mounted (a rush job at best) all pinching the tubing and if left alone would cut the frame eventually. Check yours for a flush fit, unless you mounted engine yourself. I paid $760 with shipping (they don't allow homemade in New York)