what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Didn't get a round tuit today, but I eyeballed the chain alignment... it actually doesn't look bad so as to throw the chain.
The rag joint does have a warble though. gotta fix that.
VERY nice Kalifornia day, today.
i shoulda been riding!
rc

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX

kings has clamshell mounts, and a forum member Sgt. Howard sells US-made heavy duty 3pc clamshells that take the Grubee cogs. I got one and it's thick!

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Last edited:

Spaz_Static

Jul 24, 2011
North Carolina, USA

Resoldered the ground on my mag, which resolved my issue of my engine not running, and promptly took her for a short jaunt considering she had been out of commission for about two weeks, between that and the installation of my shift kit.

I also applied a thread locker to jackshaft screws, and some silicone between my carb and intake pipe (had to re apply it for air leaks because I had to take my carb off for getting the jack shaft on).

Tomorrow, I may start assembly of the x chamber... if I have time. I owe my girlfriend a date. Oh well, its supposed to be cold and windy yet again tomorrow. Not my favorite riding weather.

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA

Took the bike up to the old house up the road today and got a pic. Jetted down to #68 and haven't noticed a real dramatic difference maybe a little less 4-stroking at WOT. Re-mounted the light but still not happy with the bracket so I have to fabricate another one.

Attachments

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX

I trued my front wheel, replaced the rim tape with Gorilla Tape, my favorite, and soldered the wires back onto my speedo computer. They got yanked out the other day. I figured it was worth a try, and it seems to work ok.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia

I removed the exhaust that I made for it and took it over to FSI to have it Jet Hot coated.
2 Fridays from now I will get it back. Until then she sits... waiting...

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast

What is 'JetHot' coating?
Sounds good!

HCS... I kinda like that schwinn avenue bike.
Where can I get a bargain deal on those fancy wheels in the following pics?
I'd like to try them one day. :)
rc

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast

GN, did you get the Extreme 2000 with the gritty, textured coating, to help subdue the engine sound?
Kool stuff!
rc

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia

After a short discussion on all the different coatings and finishes that FSI offers, I just decided on Jet-Hot, no particular one other than I am over budget on this project and I want it polished. I assume that it will be the Extreme 1300 polished. FSI outsources the Jet-Hot as they do not do any polishing in house, only coatings. I could have had the exhaust copper coated, brass coated, nickle coated, titanuim coated, all sorts of coatings to choose from. But.....I wanted it all done under 1 roof so if the unexpected happens they can take care of it right there instead of me driving across town from one business to another for the separate coating and polishing procedures.
One stop shopping.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX

The Schwinn Avenue is a Walmart special, $240, half that or less at garage sales around the country. The stock tires are decent, and the bike is a practical commuter and pretty tough. I used to ride it fast on singletrack mtn bike trails just for the heck of it. It corners well, but the narrow tires and low bottom bracket make it challenging. It's more like a cheap cyclocross bike with mtn handlebars.

The "fancy" wheels came on it. They are dirt cheap conventional hubs with chinese aero rims. They have survived some beating, but I am very particular about my wheel run-out. I'd rather have a 36 hole 3x set on this bike. Under pedaling power, with road tires, the aero rims do make a noticeable difference. With super tubes, fat urban tires, and a motor, its just for looks.

If you buy this bike, grease everything bc. the factory didn't! And tighten up your spokes before you move it 1 mile. Then it will be a durable bike, esp for a low cash bike.

What is 'JetHot' coating?
Sounds good!

HCS... I kinda like that schwinn avenue bike.
Where can I get a bargain deal on those fancy wheels in the following pics?
I'd like to try them one day. :)
rc

Native

Apr 14, 2012
Woodland

I have done nothing today, I am a very new user and cannot figure out how to start a new thread or post or whatever its called. I do have a project scooter with a homelite 240 engine on it. I am needing help with my direct drive set up. if someone could help me figure this new post stuff i'd appreciate it

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Howdy Native. To start a new thread, go to the section you want. Say 2 stroke. Just above where it says "Threads in forum" is a button marked "New thread" Just click on that. (Upper left)

Just below "2 Stroke Bicycle Engines & Kits 2 stroke motorized bicycle engine kits need careful installation and setup, find out how from our professionals here!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ySW7X2STmU

Last edited:

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis

$#@%$#@ing cold front! It's been lasting for days. This Alumaweld I've been using on my new tank is finicky. Even with an electric warming plate helping me out, if the temperature goes below 60 degrees F. I can't do anything good with it. So here I am at home, inside, waiting for a warm front. Longing to finish my new tank.
But the rest of you feel free to keep writing. I read your stuff so that I can get my MB fix vicariously.

motorbikelasvegas

Apr 9, 2012
Henderson ,nv

I finished my build today......:) only took me a week :( but all that matters is that its done and running. When I was finally able to take it for a ride I went all the way to my friends house to show him and let him take it for a spin. This bike already is so much fun to ride and I can't wait to spend more time on the seat.brnot

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

Ride safe and enjoy motorbikelasvegas,

You may encounter some frustration along the motor biking way, but just look at it as part of the process and part of the fun of wrenching on something so unique and fun, these motor bikes are an adventure that continues, but it's well worth the effort for those who really love it.

(^)

Peace, Map

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ

What A ktm clone will do to a bike in roughly 5-10 hrs of riding, not jumping off gutters or anything either

Im so lucky I picked this up before going out for another fang.
This could have killed me!!

Anyways so I just bought another frame which is the same size, just going to weld a gusset in each corner for some added stength and maybe weld in some strengthening at the rear wheel fixing point.

Attachments