what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I started using e-cigs. It's great because I can "smoke" indoors in a lot of places, and don't burn any more clothes or get ashes anywhere.

That is funny though.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

"ok ok comon u guys , I gotta get smokes"

That is funny Blacken.

Happy, how are those, esmokes? Wanted to do a thread on quiting. But as it is so easy quit, I have done it hundreds of times, kinda put it off.

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon

I am sensing a little sarcasm there dan lol and I agree it is very easy to quit. One day I decided to quit and I quit and have not started smoking again this is the second time I have quit the first time I lasted 11 months and relapsed for 5 years but I rarely smoked more than 5 cigs a day it took me a while but when I wanted it enough it was just that easy I just quit. I think quitting smoking is like any other drug you just have to want it enough and have the will power to get through the withdraws. Now you wanna hear a hard one to get off of if you are a heavy soda or coffee drinker try quitting caffeine, I had many a restless night of sleep the leg spasms were the worst. I would really like to get my dad on those esmokes he smokes like two packs a day.

For as far as what I did to my bike to day hardly nothing except read about stuff about these great bikes oh yea and waiting impatiently for my new wheel to come in the mail maybe tomorrow I am craving a ride it has been almost two whole weeks. And a couple of days ago I put bar end grips but put them on so that they faced back towards the seat kinda made it look like those swoop back board tracker bars I want to fabricate me some kind of throttle and brake controls that all work independently of the setup I already have so that I can switch positions hmmm

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis

Still putting the finishing touches on the "carbide lamp" look-a-like headlight housing. As I mentioned, it was a stainless steel toilet brush holder. It will have 6v bike headlight guts, which I'm almost done rigging up the fittings on. And I took the end off a stainless steel sunglasses case, which I will drill holes in the side of and mount on top for the vent. Add some mounts for a U-shaped bracket, and I should have a wicked-cool headlight.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Checked the magic disappearing fender bolt. Still there fer once. Really nice ride. Dry roads. The HFs hate starting in the cold but run great. Might just be the cold weather RPM, dunno. She just seemed to happily hum along all day. Gonna stick with the 50T sprocket for now

bitsnpieces

Dec 9, 2010
Melbourne, AUS

I tightened the chain a little more to prevent unnecessary slack, and hopefully not too tight (haven't tested my bike yet)

Tried to bend the rear wheel as straight as possible as one section of it is was crocked.

Filed off the bit that the chain was grinding against on the clutch actuator cover to prevent the chain from hitting it and making too much noise

Took the gasket linings from old engine to fit to this one since it didn't have any

Took the 200w plate from old engine and put it onto new one so it has an (un)official plate which says it is 200w with the manufacturer and all on it.

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

painted my front suspension forks. black, with some red at the bottom.

planning on painting the rest of the bike black, except for some key spots i'll paint red ;)

still waiting on the LBS to call and tell me that my wheel is ready for pick up.

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA

painted my front suspension forks. black, with some red at the bottom.

planning on painting the rest of the bike black, except for some key spots i'll paint red ;)

still waiting on the LBS to call and tell me that my wheel is ready for pick up.
I bet that will look rad! my bike is mostly red with black motor, head set, rims/ties and seat. also some other rando things. and i think it looks sharp.:) hope it works out like mine did.

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ

Today I wondered how I was going to mount my super titan, and thought of mounting another plate on the existing mount to have it come over to the right more, kinda like a ledge.

Then I made these: u-bolts for my gas tank with rubber fuel line over the metal. Submitted for your enjoyment.

Attachments

Sideshowbob

Dec 26, 2010
Salem OR

I installed and tested my new homemade spring chain tensioner. did 16 miles of rides with no failures which is always great. It seems quieter and has less vibration at high speeds (30) but tends to want to slap or hop around more when decelerating or downhill. This seems to make me clutch and then idle down to whenever I can unclutch and renegage to drive line. As long as I clutch the drive, it slows down fine with no chain hop, and I bet this will increase my milage from letting or forcing me to let it idle down when stopping. Overall it works fine but the driveline dynamic is just different because the chain runs much looser than with a regular stationary type tensioner. It seems to pull uphill fine with no bad vibrations or wanting to hop off when under full load with throttle uphill. Goes right up most at 25 with throttle to spare. I will have to ride it more to decide if I like it and it stays.

Last edited:

bitsnpieces

Dec 9, 2010
Melbourne, AUS

I'm intrigued; what is this new CDI design?

Anyways, I removed the manufacturer plate I originally stuck on with superglue and re-stuck it with silicone which withstands to 205 degrees Celsius, so that should hopefully keep it from falling off my bike while I ride. :)

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

fitted my avid BB5 with a BB7 roundagon 185mm disc.

lol, might need to think about shimming the disc since the caliber just barely clears the spokes. 0_0

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio

HAHAHA today I mounted the throttle and tank to my new Cranbrook and found out that the squishy handle bar grips I cut off are the bomb to cut in half to cushion the peanut tanks to the frame LOL...

I will have this bike up and ride able hopefully tomorrow or at least Monday... It is a must because we will be having mid 50s by the end of the week....

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio

FYI to everyone Harbor Freight is having a sale on Nylock nut assortment packs, O rings, electrical connectors and rubber padded tube clamps I just spent 30 bucks and got lotsa good stuff...

give me vtec

Jun 19, 2009
SoCal

FYI to everyone Harbor Freight is having a sale on Nylock nut assortment packs, O rings, electrical connectors and rubber padded tube clamps I just spent 30 bucks and got lotsa good stuff...
ohhh dont tell me things like that... i have a hard time avoiding harbor freight when there isnt a sale.

professor

Oct 14, 2009
Buffalo ny area

Added twin 3hp Briggs muffs to my tail pipe via a welded "Y" adapter. The single muff did not flow enough for the HF 79, this should do it, Super quiet with both the muff I made and the muffs on the end.

[email protected]

Jan 7, 2011
california

i bought a cadilac fleetwood cruiser with duvinci hub plan to add a 9.5 hp morrrino motor cant stop since i built my own board track racer out of a worksmans inb 20 in frame springer and made my own gas tank shortened the exhaust added old leather top springer seat and horn