Selling bikes on Craigslist.

GoldenMotor.com

Apr 24, 2009
Fountain Hills, Arizona
Well, I have ridden my bike 200 miles with no real problems whatsoever. It has served me well, and runs great. However, I'm itching to build another bike. I was thinking that I could sell it as-is on craigslist and meet somewhere other than my house to exchange the bike for the cash. My question is could they possibly come after me legally if they somehow happened to get hurt on the bike?
.wee.

Thanks,

...ladies

Jan 27, 2009
Ohio
I tried craigslist and all. Made a website. Nothing worked. I gave up. but now i have 3 motorbikes :)

Earthman

Mar 24, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I like the idea of having the buyer sign a waver. Any chance a scanned copy of a waver, or the text of a waver could be posted here?

Also, I've seen a couple of ads on CL for MBs here in Pittsburgh, and one for someone selling kits. I even met a guy with his MB at a local bike shop. I guess they are more popular than I thought (I'm a newbe).

Finally, if you have no luck selling on CL, try posting on RV forums. You may find some interest there.

Good luck!

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
here you go dudes :)
I make them date and sign a copy
I give them a reciept, but keep the waiver, just so they at least think my rear is covered rotfl

ASSUMPTION OF RISK:
* Assumption of Risk/Liability Disclaimer: As the seller, I am not liable for any actions resulting from the use or misuse of this item. Buyers assume all liability and responsibility for all usage of this vehicle. By purchasing you agree to release me, the Seller, from all liability, claims, losses or damages that may arise from the use of this item. By purchasing you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Seller from any litigation expense, loss, liability, damage, attorney fees, or any other costs which may incur as a result of such claims. Warning: Operating a motorized vehicle presents inherent risks including potential financial loss, injury and even death. Buyer assumes all such risks and all responsibility for losses, costs, and damages incurred as a result of your usage of this motor vehicle.

* Buyer Notice: The Buyer certifies that he/she is of legal age for operating this vehicle in your jurisidiction. Buyer is responsible for researching local ordinances and maintaining compliance.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I sold mine with nothing but an exchange of money and bike. I figured the guy was a grown man and I'm and individual not a bike company. It was a person to person transfer.

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
I sold mine with nothing but an exchange of money and bike. I figured the guy was a grown man and I'm and individual not a bike company. It was a person to person transfer.
**** I agree, take the cash, hand over the bike and walk away. If they need anything more just walk away from the deal.

grouchyolfart

May 31, 2008
Wahiawa, Hawai'i
Had a similar bike selling on CL over here for a couple of weeks. Had a broken pull start and no pedal chain. Seller was asking $300 obo. Well, like they say, if you snooze you lose. Went back to check and it was gone. .duh.

FlyJSH

Feb 10, 2009
Houston, TX
$180 bike, $120 for the motor, 200 miles of tuning and debugging, and you think $450 it too HIGH?

I think it is very reasonable.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I did the same thing Deacon. However, I played it safe and met the guy at Starbucks, test drove it, then exchanged bike and cash. I asked for $600 but sold it for $500

drbarrick

Jul 30, 2012
ardmore, ok
im new to this forum but have been reading all your post for a while now if anyone is looking to sell bike or kit or combo! im will to buy i've wanted one so bad i cant stand not having one willing to pay, least 100 most 175 if possible please pm me!