Lost my fuel line

GoldenMotor.com

pedal pusher

Feb 20, 2009
Charlotte, NC
I lost the fuel line from my Gasbike 80 kit after I went to the Autozone store to try to buy a paper filter. Autozone had neither. They had no clear fuel line and had not heard of Goodyear SAE 30-7 as mentioned in the Gasbike manual. Can someone please furnish size, length and a source for the line and a paper filter too?
Many thanks,
Pedal Pusher

bnewman8629

Mar 20, 2009
Holland
Just a tip...don't search in the auto dept. I haven't had very much luck there. In most large places they have a section for lawnmowers, most of which have gas lines and filters.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Checker auto parts should have a section for small engines, I know I just stocked our section. If they do not tell them they are not doing there job because all Checkers, CKS, Schucks, Kragan, Oreilly are required from corporate to have a small engines repair section.

Here is fuel line & Filters
While we find your parts, please enter your ZIP Code at CSK Auto

Small engine Spark plugs
While we find your parts, please enter your ZIP Code at CSK Auto

And if your local store does not have the fuel line, spark plug, that you are looking for and you do not need it right away. Ask them to order it for you and if they have good customer relations they will order a few and keep them in stock for you.

Attachments

Last edited:

graucho

Feb 21, 2008
Minnesota
All good posts. Im only adding this for those who may be having problems or may want to change to a better fuel line fit. Like fairracing31 did also.

I think this will help some people.... if your having fit problems.
On my HT and all of my mini chopper builds i run into the nipples (carb/tank) being slightly smaller than the 1/4" fuel line.
This causes the fuel line to fit sloppy (loose) and your totally relying one the clamp to keep it snug. Sometimes seeping.

I have found that if you use 3/16 fuel line and filter that the lines fit perfectly snug on the nipples. (many times without a clamp)
8 times out of 10 you cannot find them at any local stores. You can find them at snowmobile shops, but they are
spendy. 5 years ago I tried good ol' e-bay and there was only 1 supplier of 3/16 supplies. But now there are plenty
of people selling them at very reasonable prices._________Maybe in your area's you can find then in the store, but 3/16" has
been the cats meow for my many applications.

If all connections fit great on your bike, leave it alone! This is just a tip for sloppy lines/fittings.

3/16 Fuel line....3 16 fuel line, Home Garden, eBay Motors items on eBay.com

3/16 Filters...3 16 fuel filter, Home Garden, wii items on eBay.com

3/16 Clamps... 3 16 fuel clamps, eBay Motors, wii items on eBay.com

Some vendors sell all three, but you have to do the homework. graucho