what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

If you still have the CNS carb, there was a thread covering the crappy air seal on those and a simple fix using sealant when mounting the carb.
i ended up breaking the metal clamp part, getting it torqued down.

once i had solved the problem of the air seal, came the problem of it staying on...

havn't had that problem with the NT/Speed carb.

thinking i may get a dellorto carb ;)

EDIT: also ordered an avid bb5 caliper and a 185mm rotor

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

It snowed again!!!! 16 inches+. Started digging out at 6 am. about 2, it got to 35/40 and went for a ride. LOL, do rides count as having done some thing? Am so happy to have fenders again.

Didn't even check the oil and only glanced at the gas. Gotta grab rides when ever possible.

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA

Got my moped tank in the mail yesterday. Now I have to get some pipe insulation to cover my bar to aid in mounting it and get it painted up to match the bike. I'm also working on some custom decals but have to find the water slide paper, might have to order that online. In the mean time I might be able to use some transparent sticker paper.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Replaced a missing bolt on fender stay. Ride to bank. Purty awesome ride. Warm and dry.

LOL Blackenstein

Johnny’s in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I’m on the pavement
Thinking about the government

RebelHellbilly

Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury,North Carolina

had a great sunday ride warmer here for change. got to noticing the exhaust gasket was leaking(lil small leak) this morning. fixed it with gasket maker when i got here this afternoon. oh yeah..put new back tire on yesterday:)

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

Had some fun in the Chatroom for a while...(sry, only registered ppl can see that)

Conversation went to Snowbikes, and K-Trax, had to post a couple of HT Ktrax bikes:
YouTube - Newfienorthca's Channel
YouTube - MysticCruisers's Channel

I then brought up Floating HT's, that was novel, so I had to post this pic:
and some Vids to verify I wasn't crazy:

Ride on your bike with a backpack, then assemble and inflate next to the water:
"ShuttleBike Official Vid":
YouTube - Shuttlebike film
Hoo'Ra!:
ShuttleBike HT Vid:
YouTube - MysticCruisers's Channel

I... then... brought up.... the flying bike subject, with discernibility abound, everyone left...(I'm nuts right?) So this vid was entered for scrutinizing, I know its not an HT, but I think with a Modified Morini and some gearing this would totally be possible for us (crazier)enthusiasts:
YouTube - Incredible Flying Motor Bike...

Muahaha!

After that I started to think about submersibles... and whether an engine could run off of an oxygen tank, like scuba but for HT, hah hah.... regulated sealed intake? Why wouldn't that run....?

Even I think I lost it after that,
Here's a pedal submarine, so you(and I) know I'm not totally out of it, heh heh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKQFmLqW1nQ

...help me Jebas!

Last edited:

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

got my avid bb5 caliper in the mail ^-^

messed around with the chopper fork, getting it to clear the rotor, had to take a hammer to it... starting to come along nicely.

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ

Sometimes I wish I lived somewhere it doesn't get cold .... It was -11F out this morning. My poor car gave me crap about starting. haha

Should come to Australia.. 40 dgrees C here. Last night it was no lower than 28 dgrees C at my place.
Nah but im soughta feelin ya pain on the other end of it.. TOO HOT

Took the bike out and yesterday and went for a 4omin ride when i stopped the back rim was that hot I couldnt touch it for long. I worry the tyres are going to melt off..lol

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX

I mopped up the little bit of oily fuel that leaks on the parking mat when I store it, gave it a long, reminiscent gaze, and took a nap with the baby, imagining the day I will get to ride the motorbike again.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

Put disc brakes on the front of the Norton Jag. Got a great deal at the LBS. They had a 30 and 50% off sale. Got a new rim, caliper and rotor. I had to weld on caliper bracket mounts and sort of messed up the paint job. I'll have to wait for better weather to test the brakes and repaint the left side of the fork. It's only 7 degrees today. What I can tell just rolling the bike forward in the garage is a dramatic improvement over the 'V' brakes which were actually pretty good. This thing grabs the wheel, right now when you clamp down on it.

And yes, I need to trim off the end of the cable but I want to test it first...in case I need to go back to 'V' brakes I'll need that extra cable.
I'll let you know how it does on the road.
Tom

Attachments

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

It snowed again!. Is going to snow more but will stop tomorrow while it freezing rains. But after that, it will snow.

So pretty much moved daily rider (snork@daily) out of the way so as to move snow removal/moving tools around.

On a personal good note, I got a temp contract driving updated electronics to McDonalds techs around New england as needed. Is from 10PM to 6AM for 2 weeks. Pays well as they want the restaurants open ASAP. In the snow.

snow

it is snowing

still snowing

snow

snow

snow

RebelHellbilly

Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury,North Carolina

today...fine tuned the rear brakes i put on yesterday. re-adjusted and tighten the bolts N wutnot on my ol' saddle baskets. tire pressure adjustment too..all after my longer than expected ride to sell a bag of old drink cans lol. that new michilen country trail tire i put on saturday iz doing real good. thinking bout gitting 1 for the front when that kenda klaw on there now wears out. took a new pic of him today:)

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis

With the ice storms and Cleveland-like temperatures we've been having here in Indy, I haven't done too much on the Higgins. I'm still working the bugs out of the new headlight housing construction. I have this dream that I can make it mostly weather-proof.

I also took note that my Kent Glendale has a three-piece crank set with a relatively wide spread. So, to give a better, roomier engine mount to the Higgins, I intend to swap out the single-piece crank in addition to adding a 36T BMX pedal sprocket. If I can go outside later without some parts of my anatomy freezing solid and dropping off, I plan to get out my caliper and take some measurements. This build might very well take all winter at this rate, but being meticulous never hurt anybody (that I know of).

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

took her for a quick ride with the 26" disc wheel on the front and the chopper forks...

it was kinda hard to keep her going straight, i think i'm gonna have the local bike shop swap the hubs on them, or at least get a disc hub for the front and have them fit it on there.