What do you think, Ape Hangers?

GoldenMotor.com

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
I'm building a schwinn riverside MB with a chinagirl kit. I was wondering if it would look awkward or badass to put on ape hangers, and if it is badass, how high should I go. Thoughts, places recommended to buy them?

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I say build it with apes if thats what You want..I think it will look pretty cool...the riverside has the rack on the back right??? Put em up high as You can reach with a springer fork.
Cheers

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Thanks Guys! I'm low on cash now because of this, but maybe as a christmas present I'll buy myself the apes and a nice headlight to run off of my magneto!

beentryin

Apr 24, 2010
goshen,ohio
i got some 22's and love them. make you sit up straighter.but there not as strong or will strip the neck easier.cant got bunny hopping curbs with these.its kick back and hold on

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Thanks for the advice, I won't be bunny hopping with mine since the riverside is a 7 speed cruiser
I want to put on some apes so that I'm not hunched forward but at the same time they can't be so high that I'm over stretching. I'm a tall guy (6 feet even more or less) so would the 22s do it?

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
ape hangers are notorious for lousy steering, and most states have height laws for motocycles. california actually has a law that states they can't be higher than your shoulders on a bicycle!

it's all in how you ride, though. it's up to you.