Bicycle trailer link

GoldenMotor.com

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
I like the one you posted. I have been looking for design ideas for something to build for hauling my dog. 180lb English Mastiff. The normal trailer won't do. Thanks!

mdlee1958

Feb 22, 2009
Fort Collins, Colorado
Tad do you own one of those trailers ? I've looked at the pic of it and assumed the pic was posted in mirror image because it looks like the "boom" is on the wrong side of the trailer. Wrong side defined as attaching to the drive side of the bike potentially creating problems with the deraileur and sprockets. Just curious.

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
No I don't have one at the moment. I put a longer axle on my last trailer bike. Most likely will have to do the same, but I'm going to do some more checking when I have time. Looks to me like it might attach to either side.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I like the one you posted. I have been looking for design ideas for something to build for hauling my dog. 180lb English Mastiff. The normal trailer won't do. Thanks!
Mastiffs are great! Good hearted critters.

Another build I have yet to get around to is a trailer that has a regular ball/tung hitch. Make a bracket that attaches over the rear wheel of the bike and use 2 hand truck or go kart wheels. The trailer would stay pretty much up right. So it would keep the beer, er Puppy from getting jostled and could corner, pitch and roll. Think it would require a center kick stand though.

LOL Civl, just realized your dog weighs 5 LBS more then me! Should build a trailer for him to pull you, snork

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
LOL Civl, just realized your dog weighs 5 LBS more then me! Should build a trailer for him to pull you, snork
I would if I get his big, lazy tail to do anything other than eat to supply his poop factory. They really are great dogs. This is my 2nd mastiff. They are a little expensive, but worth it. Both were great natural guard dogs and extremely mild mannered around family and friends. Not too aggressive but not trusting of strangers.