Thoughts on this bike choice

GoldenMotor.com

ogmios3

May 16, 2012
Maryland
Bikes Direct is selling a Windsor Kensington 8 but they only have 51cm models left. At 5'9, I think I will fit a 51cm bike, but I worry that a Grubee Skyhawk 66cc kit won't. Anyone have any thoughts or pointers? Thanks!

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
I dunno what that kensigton is, og, but I think Alf posted a graphic to check if your motor will fit in the frame. It probably will...

The seat height/frame size is not so important as on a pedal bike because many of us rarely pedal. and a bunch of us also lower our seats for the cruiser bit....

Good luck
rc

ogmios3

May 16, 2012
Maryland
Thanks rustycase. Here is the link to the bike: http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/windsor/kensington8.htm
The engine should arrive today or tomorrow, and then I will have the painful wait for the bike. Right now my plans include getting used to the MB close to my house and building up to some longer overnight camping trips this summer, and if all goes well ... a long distance, one-way ride out to Michigan from Maryland in August. If I make the trek, I will haul the bike back with a friend's car. Anyone looking to do some riding in Maryland area this season, let me know!