New guy in CT

GoldenMotor.com

jtqmopar

Apr 10, 2012
New Haven, CT
Hey all, first off, the name's Jim, now, why I registered here (besides the fact that none of the search results helped me much):

I got an 80cc ebay motor kit as a gift with the condition that I get it on a bike and working. There was originally a hack-job 24cc on a rear mounted/drive platform (3-wheeler! lol) that I will attach pics of when I get enough posts. Oh, might help if I mention the bicycle in question is a West Coast Customs. The main problem I'm having is I don't have a welder to add mounting points to the bike, and the rear tire aspect ratio is wider than the rim, resulting in the sprocket sitting too far to the center. Not to mention I can only get 3 bolts on it while keeping things centered, the rest will hit spokes. My 'benefactor' if you will, really wants me to get this working on the 'chopper bike' as he calls it. Anyone have experience mouting this kit onto said bike?

jtqmopar

Apr 10, 2012
New Haven, CT
thanks, I'm about ready to take the chopsaw to this thing. gotta remove the pedal assembly for the front engine mount, which has to be made, as well as the rear/ bottom. then, the adapter, and all kinds of stuff

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL, when I read the first line, I thought it was out of anger. "I'm about ready to take the chopsaw to this thing."

(I have raised a sledge hammer in anger. Once got a muffler to fit with steel toed work boots)

In the Spring, Carol and I host a picnic/ride thing in Wethersfield. Hope ya can make it. Some great folks and Carol is an awesome cook. Spouses, kids and families welcome!