I need help with this one!

GoldenMotor.com

MarcPhotoMan

May 21, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I cleaned everything before I installed any new parts. and emptied my gas tank to make sure it was clean and blew some air through the pelock, so I hope it is not dirt.

I now Believe when i installed fuel inlet pipe the pointy metal thin that sits on top of tangs might be stuck and the bowl is not filling up with gas completely i hope to have time tonight to check it.

I have one extra carb and anouther wextra that is good for parts so if i have to I will change the entire carb, to see the difference,

Montréal is only 187 feet above sea level, ( i think I need to with eh eclip lower i could be wrong!)

My old mixture was too rich that why my plug was black but i think it saved my enginge because

it has a very defective carb plus how tight my carb was next the frame was holding it in place, its a miracle that i did not ruin my engine.:eek:

all in all am being cautious with the engine for now but it seams to running great I think the carb is level I noticed that if i put the intake manifold off to the right it was slightly tilted but if if I put off to the left it looked level,

I am riding because, it's been a mounth since had the opertunity to use for what I built it for. I have a tool kit with me and I am prepared to pedle:crash:

I will let you know what happens(^)

Last edited:

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
your intake manifold I made it to off set the carb to the left if you are sitting in the bike. I looked at your picture and the carb looks to be close to level so you may have a sticking needle on the float.

MarcPhotoMan

May 21, 2008
Montreal, Canada
your intake manifold I made it to off set the carb to the left if you are sitting in the bike. I looked at your picture and the carb looks to be close to level so you may have a sticking needle on the float.
Thanks for the input I will hopfully be able to check it out tonight.
Aleast it is now narrowed down!

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
I doubt it but take a spray bottle with just water and spray around the carb where ut connects to the motor. If it bogs or dies there is your leak.
Motorcycle dealers use a product called "Hondabond" Use it on surfaces like the carb and it works very well. Put it on both the gasket and the carb.
Drys in about an hour, and comes apart with little effort.

MarcPhotoMan

May 21, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I sprayed it with just water and spray around the carb where ut connects to the motor. It does not bog down. took the carb off the manifold nothing is stuck,

Removed the jet and compared it to the jet from the original carb they are totally different,

The new one on the left has a smaller holeat the top and hole on the bottom Looks smaller and rounder . The old jet looks like it was drilled and soldered I never driled or solder it, and the new needle is more tapered also the new that the old one.

I hope that is the reason for the difference in the needle setting.

The bike performed very well to and from work I will seal it up and check for vapor leaks again.

I seem to have more power at the lower end an the uper end with this carb
I need to get a speedometer to see what kind of speed i am getting.
see my pics in the next post

All the help was very much appreciated!

Last edited:

MarcPhotoMan

May 21, 2008
Montreal, Canada
The needle was not stuck far as i could tell and the carb goes off to the left when I am sitting on it. Read my previos post tell me what you think

Thanks again!

The one on the left is the new jet

Attachments

Last edited:

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Well you could probably just swap in the old jet and needle and you should be working similar to previously.

But if you've got more power with this setup...

MarcPhotoMan

May 21, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I took out the spark plug and checked it it is brownish black and NOT all oily.(^)

i will ride as is for now but i stil may change the jet next week, just to see the difference.

My gas milage seems to be better too, but think that is because my old carb was leaky.