were to find replacement headstuds

GoldenMotor.com

beentryin

Apr 24, 2010
goshen,ohio
i got a bgf motor in today tore it apart and,the head studs came out with the acorn nut.
i then took of the nut and sure enough the top part of the head stud was stripped,i tryed lowes but they didnt have no thread all or studs that long were can i find studs or some thread-all?

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
About the only way to get them quicker is to make them yourself. All my bgf motors had 8mm X 1.0 pitch on the lower end and 8mm X 1.25 on the top. If you have an industrial supply local, they may have the dies and bar stock. You can substitute 5/16" bar stock and use the metric dies on it. Good luck.

stuffandstuff

Oct 11, 2010
Asheville
one of my head bolts broke when i was torquing the motor at only 2 feet lbs.... had the same problem finding metric 6mm bolts. any luck finding these anywhere beside online??

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
You have to know what thread you're looking for. Mine were fine on the bottom and coarse on the top. You're probably going to have to order them. I just looked through the McMaster-Carr website and found nothing. They're odd sized and may not be available from regular sources. If you get desperate, you can helicoil the block to a common thread pitch and then use common studs or bolts.