hello north florida

GoldenMotor.com

IamTheBear

Oct 6, 2010
north florida
just got my bike motor on aand already ruined my rear rim gotta get that HD one. Plus upgraded my chain tensioner to a true roller bearing assembly, and drilled out to accept 3/8 bolt hard ware. Chinese mild metal just pissed me off.:-||

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
darn tough but it the very begining of a build that the major problems come out cause in a way its not put together completly just temorarily tell something fails and needs to be beefed up i use a skateboard wheel for my tensioner it works great and instad of the standard pully holder that weakly bolts on one bar i took a flat steel bar driiled a few holes to the fram put c blots on it to hold in place now for the hard part drilled a holes side by side for about 1 1/2 inches long then pain stakingly used a file to smooth a slide hamber so i could adjust tensoin the combo of flat bar mount and skateboard wheel for a tnesioner has made a real improvement to reliability i only have derailments when i forget to maintain my bike whitch never happens

IamTheBear

Oct 6, 2010
north florida
alaskan i thought about buying a cheap walmart skate board so i would have four wheels to use with bearings i do wanna see a pic of that also. My only thought on it was the chain walking off with it having no side rails to keep it in check. Fulltimer i'm in Middleburg if you know where it is. St augustine is the only beach i go to since i was 6 yrs old 31 now. We were just at anastasia state park 3 weeks ago for a concert at the ampitheather. You know of any place around us to get a 26x2.125 HD rim for a fair price. Plus what part of St auggie you in

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
There is a good bike shop out on the island. At least I heard it was good. I ordered rims from Pirate Bikes. I'm located by "The Shores" on US-1. If you want I can give the bike shop a call and save you a long distance call.

Terry

IamTheBear

Oct 6, 2010
north florida
yea man that would be great thanks. if you could jst send a text message i'm in the middle of working on my 72 super beetle 9047733014 thanks Barry it's a 26x2.125 rim you know the drill 12 ga spokes hd hub

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
Sorry, I don't send text messages. Too old to mess with that! LOL None is stock but he found 4 sets in Indiana. He said to figure $125.00 for the pair with coaster brake and shipping to his business. That is: Island Bicycle 211 Anastasia Blvd. Saint Augustine: 904-824-4010

Terry

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
allrgiht guys i guess i do ow you a picture im charging my camera now and after i take a pic an figure out how to post i will

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
heres a couple others pics the first is another view of the pully itself it was grooved on a lathe

the second is a view of the bottom mount i used the original half round mount for the back and i drilled a hole in the top and bolted it straight to my frame i would have used other ways to secure it but i drilled the bottom mount holes already and didnt want to wait to buy another peice of steel

i have had no problems with this tensioner other than having to file more of the long groove on the flat bar so i could bring it to a higher tension its alot of work filing with a dull file and no money to buy a new one but all in all worked out well

if you can notice the groove in the skateboard wheel is slightly off center it wasnt intentional but turned out rather well it made it easier to adjust the wheel to match up with the sprocket on the wheel for finall adjustment i used washers moving them from one side of the pully to the other untill i lined up with the sproket if it isnt lined up good it will derail

Attachments

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
just got my bike motor on aand already ruined my rear rim gotta get that HD one. Plus upgraded my chain tensioner to a true roller bearing assembly, and drilled out to accept 3/8 bolt hard ware. Chinese mild metal just pissed me off.:-||
Yes, heavy duty wheelsets are pretty much a must....especially for the rear. And welcome to the Forum by the way!

IamTheBear

Oct 6, 2010
north florida
think i'm gonna go with bikepartsusa.com rim they are in florida so shipping time and cost are both low. I also have one of the OCC chopper frames to motorize gotta get this one working solid first. Anyone know if someone makes or had drilled a hub for a grease zerk, i go on the theory if it moves it needs regular grease. and taking apart a hub every 2 weeks to do it is just silly.