hello I'm really new Help????

GoldenMotor.com

demon

Jun 2, 2010
pa
can't get my clutch tight enough to free peddle. I stripped the bolts at the clutch grip. What do I do I tried alll I know. How do I order the stripped nuts from the clutch handle??

demon

Jun 2, 2010
pa
yes, those are the screws. and i tightened where the spring bar is. and ideas what i'm doing wrong?

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
The push button is just that, when you pull the handle back then press the push depress the button with the spring on it that will hold the caliper handle back keeping bike in neutral for idling the engine.

The barrel adjustment where the cable goes should be turned all the way in when attaching the clutch cable to the engine. Pull out all you slack while doing this then what ever clack is left can be fixed by that barrel adjustment.

FYI these clutch hand calipers are some times cheesy and brake. This is easily remedied by putting a regular brake hand caliper there. Sometimes you can find one with a longer handle making the clutch easier to disengage . longer handle = more leverage

let us know what you find. Post pict if need be. Feel free to ask questions. There are no dumb questions here! Welcome to the forum Demon.

demon

Jun 2, 2010
pa
thanks for the help
the guy the put my motar on my bike really un der my skin!!!
everyday i'm fixing something he did backwards.
the clutch problem was he put the heat spring against the clutch bar (on the wrong side on the nut) Tom. I'm going to tighten everything and cross my fingers. right now my figers are raw.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
You don't even need the lighter spring on the clutch....the internal spring is more than enough. The heat spring I would put in the proper place though.