MoPOD Mk. III, 66CC

GoldenMotor.com

A_DangerrX

Jun 19, 2009
Connecticut
This is my newest (4th) build, and the third in the MoPOD Riding Apparatus series (Motor and Pedal Operated Drive). This also marks the first time I've tried my hand at brazing. That experiment went well; the new seat position is the result (the new piece of tubing came from the leg of a broken futon). Seat is from an old Western Flyer, reupholstered with memory-foam padding added. Gas tank is from an old Targa moped. Bike was a Realm Cycles "Plateau 1.0" from a clearance sale at Dick's, with the front fork and handlebars swapped out for a cooler set from an old mountain bike I had lying around. The vinyl faux-leather and stitching on the front fork pads is my work, with the color matching the seat. Paint job is slightly different now, and I did a little more custom work, so when the weather turns nice again I'll photograph the new stuff.
Also, my thanks to everybody who helped solve the ignition problem plaguing this machine! That's fixed, though there seems to be an air leak somewhere now.

Attachments

A_DangerrX

Jun 19, 2009
Connecticut
Thanks! I like the windows too. There are actually three, though you can only see two in the pictures. The biggest is over the flywheel, but there's a little one to the right of it, and on the other side there's one over the magneto.
I modded the case. All it took was some careful measuring, a drill, some plexiglass, and some JB Weld. The window over the flywheel was a little trickier because it only clears the case cover by 1/16th" or so. For that one, I used a PVC endcap with the piece of plexiglass cut to fit inside and then carefully JB Welded the thing to the outside of the cover. After that I hosed the covers with brass-colored metal-flake Rustoleum, which holds up really well once it's fully cured. The whole assembly has actually held up surprisingly well.

Last edited: