Hello from western Michigan LP

GoldenMotor.com

DonBrouhaha

Feb 5, 2010
Michigan, USA
Hello - I discovered this forum in a mention in Make Magazine. The pebble has started to roll down the hill. I'm still in learners mode atm. Deciding if I should jump in w/ a 2cycle kit or wait for the developments coming on the 4cycle front. I've worked w/ chain saws all my life and have a love/hate relationship w/ 2cycle engines.

I spent most of Saturday reading through the Rustoration thread. It was informative and entertaining. I'll probably be a "pro" lurker for now. I would like to thank all the members that shared their experiences and wisdom.

Last edited:

DonBrouhaha

Feb 5, 2010
Michigan, USA
thanks for reading about the rustorations. vote for me!
Your Colson is truly inspiring - I reserve the right to cast my vote when all the builds are "complete".

I'm going in so many directions - Fat Frank cream colored 26 x 2.35 tires, Sturmey-Archer hubs (I like the idea of a dyno hub), springer fork and the list continues. I'm now thinking I'll get a 2 cycle kit and perhaps a couple of bolt on upgrades and put it on a mountain bike that sees little use and just ride it.

I figure after riding a MB for a while, I can then have valid opinions lol

Ole Dave

Jun 17, 2009
Olive Branch Mississippi
Don....Welcome to the wonderful world of boyhood fantasies fullfilled. I spend my summers at Townline Lake, near Lakeview Mi. Will come up in May. Own 3 bikes,each one progressively better. Will have two at the lake this summer. I have an old high school buddy that I ride with up there. Let's hook-up for a ride this summer.

Dave Nichols

DonBrouhaha

Feb 5, 2010
Michigan, USA
Don....Welcome to the wonderful world of boyhood fantasies fullfilled. I spend my summers at Townline Lake, near Lakeview Mi. Will come up in May. Own 3 bikes,each one progressively better. Will have two at the lake this summer. I have an old high school buddy that I ride with up there. Let's hook-up for a ride this summer.

Dave Nichols
Thx Dave - I'm west of Grand Rapids very close to Lake Michigan - I've driven regularly through that area on the way to the UP - we would take the "short cut" through Vogel Center - that would be an interesting road to MB on (very large rolling hills) - I'll keep you posted on my progress

Ole Dave

Jun 17, 2009
Olive Branch Mississippi
Hey Don....Good to hear back from you.... Have fun with the new build...that's really the most enjoyable part..... while you are planning, pay particular attention to what the guys at Pirate Cycles are doing, and the components they are using. I'm still down south (near Memphis Tn.) until mid or early May. Once I'm up at the lake (40 miles straight north of GR). I'll be happy to give you a hand. Or you will be welcome to ride my spare bike.

Ole Dave