Looking to make an expansion chamber...

GoldenMotor.com

Motor Boys

Nov 6, 2009
Cambridge
I was wondering if anyone had any tips on fab.ing up a quick expansion chamber. I was thinking of buying one but not sure if it is what I am looking for .. So i want to make a little tester first and see where it takes me. Any tips would be great pic's would be outstanding.
Thanks

Ps I have a welder and everything i would need, just would like to try something new.

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
they work. but just punching out the stock mufflers has worked well for me that is drilling holes not only the end caps but internaly ya the get loud no louder than the herd of harleys, bought a tuned from spookytooth, just to tight for my builds barely rubbed the front tire but did increase power, no more than opening the stock muff up the units that are high up against yer leg seem to get better reviews

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Old 2 smoke tuner books usually have basic designs. Now there's software simulators but back in the day it was trial and error. It can be a lot of tuning work and you really want to have spare jets in different sizes! HuckerSteve likes his Sick Bikes ex chamber and his bike is rediculously fast!

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
a bigger difference than anything else you can bolt on..... if done properly, it can create as much as 6psi of vacuum or pressure to "supercharge" the motor during a specific rpm range. but there is more to it than a longer header or holes in the stock pipe.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
What do you think of the chambers from spooky tooth ? Anyone out there using one?
Thanks
I'm runnin' the SBP one (and I loves it :D), but check this thread out: http://motorbicycling.com/f4/spooky-expansion-12731.html

RedB66 has one on his bike;

RedB66 said:
I've got one installed on my bike and I love the sound it produces. I took it on the Tampa Bay ride Saturday. It's the only pipe I've had on this bike so I don't really have a performance comparison...
quote is from from this thread: http://motorbicycling.com/f13/try-spooky-tooth-6845.html

Last edited: