New spanish guy here!

GoldenMotor.com

albert H

Feb 14, 2014
Madrid
Hey everybody, I am new in this forum, and first of all, I am deeply surprised and glad that there is so many other people sharing interest and info on a subject like this.

I come from Spain, and i would be really interested in making my own motor-bicycle, as this field isn't as spread here as in other countries in north and south america.

I have already thought about several fields that i have to take into account, and the main doubt i have now is :

do you have any information about where the best engine supliers are located in order to make a shipping to spain?

I will keep on searching for some info about taxes,customs,etc...but if any of you have an answer to my question i will aprecciate a lot...

Thank you very much, i hope to share my experience with all of you in this project, and help as far as my knowledge in motor bicycles goes!

:)

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Welcome aboard.

Madrid, huh? A nice Mediterranean climate sounds so good right now.......though perhaps Madrid is a bit different? Since you're somewhat inland?

Anyway, I can't point you toward suppliers. But we have Europeans here and they're sure to have the answers you need.

Have fun.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome and great to have you, if you build a motorized bicycle you will see why we all love them so much, enjoy
dnut

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome and we're glad you've joined us.
As Bluegoat said it's possible some of our European members can provide some input on shipping and suppliers that you might find useful. Check back here for more responses.

Good luck with your project and don't hesitate to ask if we can offer any help or suggestions to make the job easier for you. There is a lot of experience here to draw from and we're always here if you need assistance.

Tom

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. After watching the Vuelta a Espana on TV, I can see why you would like to have an engine on your bike to help you climb those hills.

albert H

Feb 14, 2014
Madrid
Thanks!! I'll replying all slowly (my English is not very good). Yesterday my cousin helped me write this introduction. Sorry for the mistakes I may make in the future

Don´t be hard on me!
.duh.

Last edited:

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Thanks!! I'll replying all slowly (my English is not very good). Yesterday my cousin helped me write this introduction. Sorry for the mistakes I may make in the future

Don´t be hard on me!
.duh.

Howdy & welcome to the site!!

Don't worry about your English........it's better than many who's first language is English.

albert H

Feb 14, 2014
Madrid
Welcome aboard.

Madrid, huh? A nice Mediterranean climate sounds so good right now.......though perhaps Madrid is a bit different? Since you're somewhat inland?

Anyway, I can't point you toward suppliers. But we have Europeans here and they're sure to have the answers you need.

Have fun.
Thanks!

Madrid has a Mediterranean climate but a little bit hard (colder in winter and hotter in summer). Like Mediterranean citys, people love to be outside whatever the weather is so the city is awake 24/7 (there are a lot of people here!). Here you have some pics. I imagine a bike riding these streets... so cool.

Last edited:

albert H

Feb 14, 2014
Madrid
Welcome to the forum. After watching the Vuelta a Espana on TV, I can see why you would like to have an engine on your bike to help you climb those hills.
Thanks! HAHAHA It's true! Spain has a lot level changes, not big mountains but all the country is like mountain-valley-mountain.... Im planning to build an urban motorized bike, because Madrid is not flat at all so it's is very tiring going by bicycle!