New and introducing myself

GoldenMotor.com

ToxicRat

Jan 21, 2014
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Hey people, my name is Ryan. I am completely new to the world of motor biking and just built my first one! Looking for any advice from some veterans on the subject. Also maybe some n00b level mods i could try. one problem I have been having too is from an idle when i Come to A stop and I try to take off slowly the bike just dies on me Any advice?

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
hi ryan and welcome to the world of the motorized bicycle. yes they are great fun, as far as your bike stalling. i know with mine i had to give a little help when starting from a stop with the pedals. i am sure other members will answer and correct me if am wrong, i ride an electric bike now and trying to remember., also probably would not hurt to turn up your idle a small amount.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome Ryan. We're glad you've joined us here at the best motorized bicycle forum available.

As for modifications, don't do anything until the engine has accrued a couple of hundred miles. This will assure that the rings have seated and you've worked out any bugs. There are several things you can do afterward, from mild to wild but only do one thing at a time.

As for your idle problem it would help us to know what engine/carburetor you have. When asking for advice or help it's always a good idea to tell us what you have so we can offer accurate information. However, if you have a Chinese 2 stroke kit, which is by far the most common, then there are two things you can look at.

First, are you using the clutch correctly? You need to disengage (squeeze the clutch lever) when slowing to below about 10mph or coming to a stop. Keep it disengaged until you pedal back up to speed, above 10mph then release it.

You can also adjust your idle speed. There is an idle speed adjustment screw on the carburetor for that purpose. Screw it in to increase idle RPM and screw it out to decrease idle speed.

Good luck. Hope this helped a little. Have fun and ride safe.

Tom

waldo11

Mar 10, 2013
bucks co
Welcome to the family,as for your stalling problem,like 2door said try a little peddeling first.after a while you will get used to feathering the clutch.good luck with your new build,ride safe and watch out for the other guy

ToxicRat

Jan 21, 2014
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Thanks for the replies everyone! i have been pedaling up to speed to get going, i now know there is no problem. Im so silly of course i should have stated the type of motor lol, well u did guess correct on what type i have and the advice was spot on thanks again everyone!