Fred's (Cr Machine) motor Ordered!

GoldenMotor.com

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
get the 3 liter tank with the m6 bolts, those are the best, they have the nuts you can tighten with your 10mm wrench. In my experience riding around with the tank loose will surely break lose the welds that seal the tank around the bolt area. if you get it really super clean you can use jb weld to patch it.
yea i was looking at that because the way the bolts are set up but i dont know where to buy it. website i looked at was sold out

Be aware the cheap 36tooth from BGF or LuckEarlyBird will wear out very quickly. Mine is less than two months old and is already wearing enough to cause noise and chain popping. It is too thin and made from soft steel. I will not buy another one from him.
uh oh well i hope mine is okay but then again i can always buy a new one. i bought mine off thatdax.com but the cheaper 36t. Didnt want to shell out 30-40 dollars for the top quality because i didnt know there was a difference

soft steel? or aluminum?
No idea the quality it is made out of

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I run the cheaper steel sprockets and I run them in very dusty dirty conditions with no oil on them, I use chain wax or just a dry Teflon chain lube because oil holds dirt in the chain and on the sprocket, mine are holding up just fine with no major wear issues, got one on the first bike I built back in 2009 still working like a charm at close to 2000 miles now, I would think they will last at least as long or maybe longer than the aluminum sprockets many people are running with great success also.

Map

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
what spark plug are you using?
im using the ngk b7hs on this motor

I run the cheaper steel sprockets and I run them in very dusty dirty conditions with no oil on them, I use chain wax or just a dry Teflon chain lube because oil holds dirt in the chain and on the sprocket, mine are holding up just fine with no major wear issues, got one on the first bike I built back in 2009 still working like a charm at close to 2000 miles now, I would think they will last at least as long or maybe longer than the aluminum sprockets many people are running with great success also.

Map
glad to know! im sure mine will hold up for a while once i get the bike up and running again

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Just finished watching a few of Freds videos and I must say he's a pretty smart guy, I ordered his stage 2 upper-end kit ( a while back ) that will get attached to a PK 80 lower end should be quite a little hummer when all hooked up.

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Just finished watching a few of Freds videos and I must say he's a pretty smart guy, I ordered his stage 2 upper-end kit ( a while back ) that will get attached to a PK 80 lower end should be quite a little hummer when all hooked up.
im sure you wont be disappointed! im very ancy to get back to riding mine again but since im rebuulding the bike, i need to get all the parts. Just waiting for the frame and then paint

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
I was finally able to build the new bicycle with a new frame, forks, brake system and handle bars. I had 3 other spare bikes that I had laying around so I took off certain parts to build this bike except the frame and forks. Painted the frame flat black to include the rear wheel and changed the tires to road tires I had. I will def post up pics soon of the new bike. Today I will try to get the motor setup on the bike and hopefully to be riding again this week. Waited 3 weeks for this lol

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Finally got the bike up and running today for some testing and boy was it fun. 36 tooth sprocket really doesnt feel much difference when starting the bike, might consider going to a 30 tooth or a 32 tooth in the future. Havent tested for high speed since im chicken at the moment considering i built the bike myself but needs a feel adjustments. Also my chain seems to be a lil loser than my other spare bike which i dont like but i cant do anything about it. The fuel line with the fuel lever touches the top of my air filter so i cant adjust the motor up anymore and taking off another link would result in a super tight chain and wouldnt beable to get the master clip on there. its not super loose since it hasnt jumped the sprocket in the back but it is in the back of my mind. Been busy so i havent been able to post some pictures but i will try to upload tonight when i get home from work. RIDE ON!

brnotdance1.shft.

graydog8josh

Nov 23, 2012
Starkville,MS
how fast does it go? if you dont have one you should get a speedometer. I ordered mine on amazon for a few bucks and they sell them at walmart too.

also, if i were you id play around with mounting solutions, with my arrow i took an old engine mount shaved it down about a half inch on a milling machine and that made my motor with the large head fit better under the frame. the arrow reed valve is a side shot so it fits better. also if you have different length rear mounts you can account for sprocket size/chain length a bit better.

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
how fast does it go? if you dont have one you should get a speedometer. I ordered mine on amazon for a few bucks and they sell them at walmart too.

also, if i were you id play around with mounting solutions, with my arrow i took an old engine mount shaved it down about a half inch on a milling machine and that made my motor with the large head fit better under the frame. the arrow reed valve is a side shot so it fits better. also if you have different length rear mounts you can account for sprocket size/chain length a bit better.
well after i get comfortable to actually full throttle it i will (loose chain is in the back of my mind). i have a speedo but i havent installed it. bought the bontrager trip 1 with heavy duty wire. I think biknut reviewed it and said it worked pretty well and was accurate so i decided to buy it. I think the walmart ones are cheap and wouldnt withstand the vibrations th motor makes and will constantly turn the speedo off, that is "my opinion" because i bought one before with a thin wire and it would shut off and turn on. Only recorded the low speeds until i reached 15mph n shut off lol i will be installing that tonight or tomorrow but as a reference, on a 44t sprocket i managed to hit 35-37mph as my top speed weighing in at 187lbs.

with the arrow kit isnt ur reed kit angled sideways? so the clearance would be good. Since im running the gt2a-s the fuel peacock is directly above my intake filter with only a 4 inch fuel like lol so short.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I use wireless speedo on all my bike currently and they seem to read good.

I have an old stewart warner analog speedo I plan to try on one of my bikes, hope it will hold up, the cheapo pyramid speedos didnt last more han just a few miles on my bikes in the past.

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
I use wireless speedo on all my bike currently and they seem to read good.

I have an old stewart warner analog speedo I plan to try on one of my bikes, hope it will hold up, the cheapo pyramid speedos didnt last more han just a few miles on my bikes in the past.
really? maybe i jus got a crappy one.. lol either way this one looks much better

For a dummy like me translate tooth number to mph. I sincerely would appreciate it. How much they improve it or whatever.
i wouldnt know as im still a noob myself but people say with a 36 tooth sprocket, it will generally add atleast 10mph more.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
really? maybe i jus got a crappy one.. lol either way this one looks much better

i wouldnt know as im still a noob myself but people say with a 36 tooth
sprocket, it will generally add atleast 10mph more.
One thing I learned about the wireless speedo is not to have my CDI ignition to close to it or it will cause interference and the speedo will malfunction, I use the cheapo china made wireless speedos that can be found with a quick search on ebay, had one of them on each of my bike for several years now and not one of them have gone bad yet, I've had to replace batteries at least once but that is all I've ever had to do to them, they can be had for really cheap if you just order direct from China and dont mind waiting a couple weeks or there are US sellers that you can pay the mark up to and get them a lot quicker.
pic i included here shows one of them that is on my Huffy Karaoke bike.

36T is the largest sprocket I have on any of my bikes, someone can correct me if I'm wrong here but I think it has been said that generally you can expect 1 MPH increase for every tooth reduction from the 44T or 41T kit sprockets, this can only be true to an extent though and will also be determined by other factors such as mods to engine, weight of rider, tires, wheel bearings, oil mix and overall run quality of the engine, mine do have higher top speeds going from 44T and 41T sprockets but the speed increase/difference between the 36T and the 41T is small on my bikes, the main difference is that my 30mph cruise rpm dropped to a comfortable level with the 36T versus lots of vibes at 30mph with the 41T, the top end speed difference is most noticed going from a 44T down to a 36T, low end pull with the 44T was great but comfortable cruise speed was just about 25mph max before vibes were just out of hand and engine was wound up pretty tight, I also have a 34T on one bike and it is really nice, tops out flat ground no wind at 42MPH {sounds like she's gonna blow} and cruises pretty nice at 32-33mph I'm 5' 10''@215lbs and all my bike pull me up the inclines I deal with around here pretty good, if I get a good head of steam before I start up a couple of them.

Hope this helps.
Map
reddd

Attachments

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
One thing I learned about the wireless speedo is not to have my CDI ignition to close to it or it will cause interference and the speedo will malfunction, I use the cheapo china made wireless speedos that can be found with a quick search on ebay, had one of them on each of my bike for several years now and not one of them have gone bad yet, I've had to replace batteries at least once but that is all I've ever had to do to them, they can be had for really cheap if you just order direct from China and dont mind waiting a couple weeks or there are US sellers that you can pay the mark up to and get them a lot quicker.
pic i included here shows one of them that is on my Huffy Karaoke bike.

36T is the largest sprocket I have on any of my bikes, someone can correct me if I'm wrong here but I think it has been said that generally you can expect 1 MPH increase for every tooth reduction from the 44T or 41T kit sprockets, this can only be true to an extent though and will also be determined by other factors such as mods to engine, weight of rider, tires, wheel bearings, oil mix and overall run quality of the engine, mine do have higher top speeds going from 44T and 41T sprockets but the speed increase/difference between the 36T and the 41T is small on my bikes, the main difference is that my 30mph cruise rpm dropped to a comfortable level with the 36T versus lots of vibes at 30mph with the 41T, the top end speed difference is most noticed going from a 44T down to a 36T, low end pull with the 44T was great but comfortable cruise speed was just about 25mph max before vibes were just out of hand and engine was wound up pretty tight, I also have a 34T on one bike and it is really nice, tops out flat ground no wind at 42MPH {sounds like she's gonna blow} and cruises pretty nice at 32-33mph I'm 5' 10''@215lbs and all my bike pull me up the inclines I deal with around here pretty good, if I get a good head of steam before I start up a couple of them.

Hope this helps.
Map
reddd

You have a lot of miles on that motor lol Any problems with it or does it still ride strong? I had a speedo I bought off ebay a while ago on my first bike and everytime I went to ride the bike it would reset constantly, so I figure it was caused from the vibrations and basically trashed it. Now the new one I have is awesome. Love it and the accuracy is good. How do you like the 34t sprocket? My chain on mine seems loose a bit so I figure if I drop it to a 34t sprocket i will be able to take another link out and it should be where I want it. I can't even tell that I changed from the original 44t to a 36t lol still lots of torque from low end and doesn't seem to need a lot of pedaling as other people talked about, but then again im not running a stock motor lol Hit my max speed earlier today, got to 37 mph with a backpack that Im going to guess was at least 30 pounds (carrying my tools) and with a stock exhaust with a hole drilled out the bottom to create low end torque. It seemed to be pretty fast I must say, but I thought I would of at least broke 40mph.

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Sorry about the wait for anyone looking to see what I've built :D Using the GT2a-s frame which I was VERY excited when it arrived along with my suntour front shock forks. The bike isn't completed just yet, want to change out the tire color and the seat color for a better look, but that will come in the future. The frame needs to be re painted in my opinion, but too lazy to re do it again so Im perfectly fine with the way it is till it bothers me. Onto the pics!

Now earlier today I did run into a problem. Since my motor sits so high due to the sick bike parts motor mount my fuel line was curving and not allowing gravity to take place and push the fuel into the carb. This caused my motor to completely shut down on me which totally sucked. It's hard to see in the picture but the clearance is just so small... I can take another picture tomorrow and post it up. I ended up cutting the fuel line to make it as short as possible to allow gravity to take its place. Then after my 23 mile ride earlier as I was coming home the bike shut off again due to the same problem with the shorter fuel line so when I got home I smushed the air filter as much as possible as a pancake and tried to bend in the metal outer part to give it more way. Hopefully it will work with no problems tomorrow when I take it back out. I also do want to change the petcock to the gold one since that is also shorter which would help in my situation. RIDE ON!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Nice looking bike, your biggest speed killer in my opinion is the stock exhaust pipe you're using, I don't care if it has a hole in it or not it still take lots of power away from these engines, biggest power and speed robbing thing you can have on one of these HT engines in my experience, my oldest bike had a free flowing exhaust I had made up on it and it cruised really nice at 30mph, I took that exhaust off and put a stock pipe on it that was completely wide open inside, NO cat junk in it at all just open chamber and the cruise speed dropped 5mph instantly on this bike and the low end power fell of dramatically, stock pipes suck all the way around in my opinion, put a SBP expansion pipe or one of the JNMotors expansion pipes or something that you can match port the exhaust flange to the engine with that isn't so restrictive and you will see a big difference in power and I'll bet you'll see a few mph top speed increase also, I did on all mine when I got away from the stock pipes.

map
reddd