How comfortable is your 'shop' ?

GoldenMotor.com

SavageBlunts904

May 9, 2012
Orange Park, Fl
my work space is an oldd chicken house . the area in front by the egg cooler. my dad has a million extra parts for four wheelers and stuff around. plus hes a master mechanic so i have every tool i will ever need at my disposal. from a grinder to oxy/acet torch stick 10x air compressers parts cleaner etc.... just gotta master them all. haha

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
GasX, that's a garage!? Talk about raising the bar! Wow. The cabinets are one thing but the floor is really nice. I'm really proud of myself when most of my tools make it back to where they belong. Maybe this should be my goal for self improvement for 2013 (along with dropping 20lbs). Recently scored a propane heater and getting a tank soon to heat the garage. My toaster oven/space heater isn't cutting it.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Wow. Thare's a little of everything on this website! Cool work-spaces people. Get in where you fit in. About a year ago the old lady and I parted ways (yes I callled her that and no thats not why we split lol). I work reclaiming lumber- barns, homesteads etc. and there is a room at our wood lot that employees sometimes crash-out in, or rent. The derilict who had recently moved out made it available right when I needed it. Done deal. The main building on the property was a family residence 20 years ago, so everything you need is there. My shop is the dining room which is a tool staging area for the business. Handy- right outside my bedroom door, next to the kitchen, back porch and the head. Got the bike hanging from hooks at eye level so I can work standing up straight. The boss-man thinks it's "cool". It's pretty cold here right now, but come summer (all 2 weeks of it!) I can use the out buildings, or build some cover temporarily. There's a True Value 50 yards away, and a gasbike supplier about 5 miles down mostly country roads. Cheap rent, central location, zero commute, no stress, cool people, and I work on my bike inside... man they're gonna have to pry me outta here with a crowbar!

scrollerguy

Nov 8, 2008
Midcoast Maine
Ahhh the shop. It is and always will be a boat shop first, then it can morph into whatever it needs to be, slide everything to the side and I can work on cars, or motorbicycles, it is what it is, when I want it to be whatever.

24x24 heated, a/c for the summer, all the woodworking tools I need, and being an auto/marine mechanic/boatbuilder for 40+ years all the necessary tools for the job.

This is my space, and I utilize it to the fullest when I can.

Tried to upload pics, but files are too big, I"ll try later.

Scrollerguy

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
You garage/shop looks like the ones I see on the cover of a magazine I get.
If mine looked like yours I'd be terrified to work in it because I might get it dirty. :)
Beautiful! I'm very envious. We all should be.

Tom
Very nice shop GasX, and I know what you mean about 'not getting it dirty' Tom, it's a fine line on what is acceptable and what isn't working inside on carpet as spilled gas tends to stink.

It looks like I might have made my shop desk too comfortable however, my wife has taken to using it for her Internet portal. I think that is just her subtle way of coaxing me to fix her up a Woman's Cave as comfortable as my Man's Cave or she will just use mine. Spouses can be sneaky that way hehehe ;-}

Powertool

Jul 8, 2012
Bradford,TN.
well, it's most of time not this clean, so many projects and so little time. my shop is just a place unwind from the work day...

Last edited:

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Right now I'm not even sure I could get into my shop to take a picture. (just kidding,) It is not in the best shape right now though. I spend most day's fixing customer bikes or shootin the breeze with motorbike buddies that drop by. Of course they always drop by for a visit just when their bike is broke. By the time it gets dark and cold outside I'm too darned tired to clean it all back up. I'll try to get a pic of it anyway. Right now all I have a pic of is the sign on my shop door.
fatdaddy.usflg

Attachments

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Yeah, Looks like a mess but I know where everything is. And as you can see I have to pull bikes out if I actually want to work IN my shop. All the bikes on the right are mine from the Honda to the storage shed (I had to put inside,) including the one hanging up. The red bike on the left is a customer repair.
I think I might have lucked into a bigger space for my shop, just the next space over. It has more storage so everything wont be so crammed in and the shed can go OUTSIDE. So LOTS more room.
Red.usflg

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
No need to start a new thread but I think everyone should post photos of signs and wall decoration they have in their shops. I have a few and I'm sure everyone else has something on their walls.
Signs, pictures, posters, whatever adorns the space where you work.
Come on guys, let's see what ya got.

Tom

Attachments

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
mines getting too crowded,with tools.
will put up pics of signs and stuff this weekend.scantily clad females acceptable?
they all have clothes on.
mebbe i leave them out.

taking delivery of my hoist tomorrow,im excited.....

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
My little space is just that, a part of the laundry room. It serves it's purpose and I have most of what I need , except more space.