66cc Schwinn Stingray

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
This was not my original build, a rookie with a welder built it last year, couldn't get it to function and brought it to me to 'make it go'.

A couple months he brought it back when it had some issues (his poor welding, bad carb, etc) but just wanted me to fix it up and sell it for him and sell it.

After some work it actually turned out pretty cool.

The pics show the seat in it's lowest Low Rider position, we raised it up ~6" for testing and it is actually pretty fun to ride for us tall guys now ;-}

You can see my new Craigs ad with more details for it here if you are local and want it.
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/bik/3250817086.html

Please note this is not a sales ad, I just thought you guys might get a kick out of old Stingray with ape hangers ;-}

Last edited:

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
I would love to throw a leg over one someday. Not my style, but looks like a fun ride!

Now, your CL ad says it is a "Motorized Classic Schwinn Stingray Chopper". Classic? What is that frame, 10 years old? Oh snap, I can sell my classic Cranbrook frame on CL!

laff

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I would love to throw a leg over one someday. Not my style, but looks like a fun ride!
Not my style either but here in Phoenix we have a pretty large Hispanic population and they love that look.
Now, your CL ad says it is a "Motorized Classic Schwinn Stingray Chopper". Classic? What is that frame, 10 years old? Oh snap, I can sell my classic Cranbrook frame on CL!

laff
Hehehe ;-}
I have no idea how old it is other than tire wear, I just know they don't make them anymore.
I don't think a $90 WallyWorld Huffy Cranbrook will appreciate in value though ;-}

Last edited:

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
I don't think a $90 WallyWorld Huffy Cranbrook will appreciate in value though ;-}
/Begin ad:

FS: Vintage 2002 Huffy Cranbrook frame. Garage kept and in mint condition, other than the slight scratches, scuffs and cracks near the head tube and seat post. Easily fixed or ride this beauty as is.

Be the only one in your town with one of these rare beauties!

/End ad

I need to get out of programming and into marketing!

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
[Begin ad:]

FS: Vintage 2002 Huffy Cranbrook frame. Garage kept and in mint condition, other than the slight scratches, scuffs and cracks near the head tube and seat post. Easily fixed or ride this beauty as is.

Be the only one in your town with one of these rare beauties!
[/End ad:]

I need to get out of programming and into marketing!
Ahh, but HTML programming is the key to advertising on CL, it's all I do besides my web site which is all hand coded Access Database driven .asp page VBscript driven, and don't forget search engine code so if you Google something like 'motorized bikes in Phoenix' you hit the front page of results.

Building high end motorized bikes is my only source of income these days and trying to sell bicycle in Phoenix in the summer is no easy gig so I do repair work too and some of the bikes that come through here really crack me up.

For example this 'Furry Cajun Rattlesnake Pabst Newport' just came in an hour ago for repairs.

Those are pretty high rez pics if you click them, and 'as is' when it was dropped off.

What you can't see from the pics is the clutch arm cover has a broken stay pin so it comes out, and I can grab the motor and it moves back and forth which explains why the 415 chain is bound up at the motor gear, but I'll bet you can see the several other things that need fixing to make it right (and safe) from the big pics.

Anyway you just have to smile at the aesthetics, but to each his own I guess ;-}