My Mountain turned Krusier...

GoldenMotor.com

mtn bike cruiser

Aug 30, 2011
Hampton, GA
Just what we all have been waiting for. My ol school springer front end came today and I got it installed. The wheels and seat in pics are just for mock up. Ill be getting new wheels and a spring seat. I took my seat post to a welder today, I would've just done it myself, but I dont have a welder. I took and measured 3in. down from the top of the post and cut it off, I will be adding a 1.5in wide x 5in long 3/8in thick piece of flat stock and welding the cut tubes to that in a offset, kinda like what piratecycles.com sells. Hope everyone enjoys. God Bless

dance1

Attachments

mtn bike cruiser

Aug 30, 2011
Hampton, GA
I'm shopping for an engine kit. Anybody got any suggestions on where the best place to get one from? Also, what exactly is so bad with the CNS carbs? Looks like all skyhawks have them now, and they dont offer one with the NT carb.

Also, has anyone dealt with Motovelo.us?

Last edited:

NewOrleansFlyer

Jun 27, 2011
Montana
Is that a standard 26" springer?? It looks huge. Where'd you get the lay back seat post. I'm really impressed that it is looking good...mtb s are not my thing. Good job!

mtn bike cruiser

Aug 30, 2011
Hampton, GA
Is that a standard 26" springer?? It looks huge. Where'd you get the lay back seat post. I'm really impressed that it is looking good...mtb s are not my thing. Good job!
The seat post I made it out of the seat post that came on the bike. As for the springer, yes its a standard 26" springer. Im not a big fan of mtb either, but the bike was give to me, so its saving me a good bit of money just converting it.

brnot

NewOrleansFlyer

Jun 27, 2011
Montana
I hear you on the $$$ angle. I now see bikes as parts first and then as whole bikes. I got *****ed at at the dump last week when I was loading a tossed mtb in my car...but man, it was loaded with the good stuff, so I just sucked it up "Yes sir, and no sir"...and ended up with the bike ;-)

mtn bike cruiser

Aug 30, 2011
Hampton, GA
I hear you on the $$$ angle. I now see bikes as parts first and then as whole bikes. I got *****ed at at the dump last week when I was loading a tossed mtb in my car...but man, it was loaded with the good stuff, so I just sucked it up "Yes sir, and no sir"...and ended up with the bike ;-)
There must be a lot of places doing that now. I tried going to a couple of landfills to pick up some scrap'd bikes and every one said "no, they couldn't let anyone salavage through there." Whats the world coming to? Here it is you have people willing to take junk off thier hands and its a big friggin deal!

dirt

Aug 13, 2011
United States
Great ideas. I may have to mod my mountain bike now. I was already thinking of painting it flat black with red accents, but that springer fork and seat mod would go great with it. Where did you get the front fork?

I have a CNS carb and it runs pretty well now. It took some tweaking though. I had to adjust the float and "E" clip on the throttle needle. It also pored gas out of the drain valve. The little gasket seal that it came with was pointless. I put pipe dope on the threads and then sealed it up with automotive form-a-gasket.

mtn bike cruiser

Aug 30, 2011
Hampton, GA
I got the forks off of ebay, I believe I paid 39.99 plus whatever shipping was. Thats the cheapest I was able to find them. The only complaints I had about them was it didn't come with a new threadset. I had to reuse my old one off the original forks that was on the bike. I hope it stays tight. I still haven't bought an engine yet. I had some other things come up. I did however order a new coaster brake wheel, and a set of white wall tires today. I'm hoping I can get the bike finished before the end of fall.