Schwinn Loop

GoldenMotor.com

SEAKbiking

Feb 18, 2011
Alaska
First off I think this bike is a cruiser so don't shoot me if I have this in the wrong spot.

Alright, so I was cruising around walmart when I saw this schwinn. Now I'm not much for walmart bikes but this looks like it could have some real potential. Does anyone have experience with this bike? The large tube below looks like it could be trouble but I think I could either drill or make something that works.

Loop - Aluminum Frame 7 Speed | Urban | Schwinn Bicycles

The one I saw was cheaper than what they list there and it's that same straight seat tube rather than the looped one.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
An interesting bike for sure. You would have to fab up a front mount for it though. I cannot recommend using a drill-through-the-frame front mount on an aluminum frame. Too risky for the tubing to crack under the additional stresses of motorizing.

Also, my System Guard "blocked a malicious virus" from that site when I clicked on your link.

SEAKbiking

Feb 18, 2011
Alaska
Really? It's the Schwinn bicycle website, no idea why it would get flagged. Anywho you can find it on the schwinn bike site under urban.

I get what you're saying about drilling the frame,it was just something that came to mind. I could definitely make a mount for it, if anything I tend to over build things.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Oh. I thought you were going to do a rear-rack mount on it. I went back and read again - were you thinking of doing a central located engine mount. The bike that came up when I clicked the link was a folding bike. Putting the engine there in the middle would locate it right over the folding joint. Is that a problem?

oldguy387

Jul 5, 2011
Bethlehem,Pa.
You could buy a special front motor mount from Sick bike that will fit the front tube, but your cables run under the down tube - in my book won't work.