Im Sick!

GoldenMotor.com

jackthe

May 16, 2011
here
since receiving a grubee 48cc a couple of weeks ago Ive become possessed! (0r obsessed as my wife would say) Ive spent way too much time on this website at work :) and my wife catches me working on my build when I'm supposed to be doing something else.... I find myself already thinking of the next build when I don't even have this first one done yet. Ive scoured this forum for tips and tweaks and even come up with a few mods of my own! Can't wait to get the project on the road. Just a couple of days away.
Yeah, Ive got the fever...
dance1

TANGO

May 26, 2011
IL
That Sickness is much worse and Co$tly when your dealing with Car's . Yes I am also on My First Build with a 66cc Engine and keep Looking at a Side Shaft 3.75 H.P Engine I have in My Basement for another Build that will be Rear Mounted ?

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
since receiving a grubee 48cc a couple of weeks ago Ive become possessed! (0r obsessed as my wife would say) Ive spent way too much time on this website at work :) and my wife catches me working on my build when I'm supposed to be doing something else.... I find myself already thinking of the next build when I don't even have this first one done yet. Ive scoured this forum for tips and tweaks and even come up with a few mods of my own! Can't wait to get the project on the road. Just a couple of days away.
Yeah, Ive got the fever...
dance1
Get out before it's too late. Perhaps you have passed the point of no return.

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
I shared your plight with my wife she says that there needs to be a wife section on this forum so that wives of newly obsessed have a support group.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
I shared your plight with my wife she says that there needs to be a wife section on this forum so that wives of newly obsessed have a support group.
I have to listen her at home I don"t need her on the forum too!

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Here's what ya do: get her a good, thick pair of denim jeans, find a leather jacket that fits her (if yours does - great) and a helmet. Take her, the bike, and the above stuff to an empty and/or abandoned parking lot - and show her how to ride.

One of two things will happen: 1) she can't stand the contraption and may never understand what you see in it, in which case you're no worse off. 2) She gets hooked and will want her own, which is the more expensive route but at least she won't be able to feel justified about griping at you.

I think my wife secretly wonders what it's like. She's seen what I'm turning that ancient JC Higgins into. She looked at it longer than she looks at most of my creations. In the end she said it was "Very pretty, very retro." I think I could get her on it.

Then, what could she say?

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
get her hair cut, colored and nails done $150 and up. good for 2 weeks...get your HT $150 in and running good for 3 weeks or 3 years... wast of money you loose. can't win! good or bad nature at work and the world keeps turning.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Been there - done that! Although she dosen't ride, I got her to pose for this picture. She was supprised at the next family reunion, as I was wearing a shirt with this this picture on it! She says she hates it but I know better!

Here's what ya do: get her a good, thick pair of denim jeans, find a leather jacket that fits her (if yours does - great) and a helmet. Take her, the bike, and the above stuff to an empty and/or abandoned parking lot - and show her how to ride.

One of two things will happen: 1) she can't stand the contraption and may never understand what you see in it, in which case you're no worse off. 2) She gets hooked and will want her own, which is the more expensive route but at least she won't be able to feel justified about griping at you.

I think my wife secretly wonders what it's like. She's seen what I'm turning that ancient JC Higgins into. She looked at it longer than she looks at most of my creations. In the end she said it was "Very pretty, very retro." I think I could get her on it.

Then, what could she say?

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
So Beautiful Russel, just look at her smile!

To this day, I have not got Carol on a MB. She has always been great and supportive about my obsession but had no real interest. We went to a rally down in Delaware and she met some of our brethren. Now she looks forward to rides and get togethers as much, if not more then I. Starting to see more spouses and kids at em. Just kinda cool.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I remember that photo, Russell. Thanks for bringing it back. Made me smile along with her.

Dan,
I can't even get Char to sit on one of my bikes. She likes them, says they're pretty and never complains about my garage time or money spent but absolutely refuses to ride one. What's odd is that she used to ride motorcycles. She had two of her own but today all she'll ride is her pedal bikes, one a mountain, the other a old classic cruiser. Go figure. I don't worry about it much anymore but I used to be very disappointed that she wouldn't ride with me. I think it would have been a lot of fun. Oh well..............
Tom

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Dan,
I laugh every time I pull up that photo. My biggest regret is that I didn't think to get her to wear a bandana! Although she dosen't ride, I've never heard her admit it when one of her friends sees the picture and says Peg you are a dare devil. LOL