VMB Monarch Fork Question

GoldenMotor.com

linker

Jan 13, 2009
Madison WI
So I'm pretty dead set on getting one of these monarch forks from venicemotorbikes but I can't decide if I should get the standard fork or the heavy duty version. Have any of you guys tried these?

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
if you are going go fast (and safe) I think the welded up HD one is the call,and I believe he has the disk brake swing plates

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
I got the standard ones but welded mine up. Better safe then sorry I would recomend the welded ones if I were you can't really put a price tag on saftey right .

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Has anyone gotten these forks with the disc adapter? I just got mine back from Pat and have been messing around with them trying to get them to fit a disc hub ? Anyone want to give a hand ?
Cheers

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
It would be easier if You could PM me some pictures of how the forks are supposed to fit, I only have 110 mm between the dropouts and only 69 mm between the bolts that hold the dropouts on.
Cheers

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Pat likes to do things a little different than me... He keeps the spacer washers in between the fork legs & the dropouts.
I remove the spacers & drill the fork leg the same size as the shoulder bolt, & bolt it all together with just enough room for the dropout to move freely.

Here's a pic of one way that I do it... You can also bolt the dropouts inside of the fork legs & spread the fork open enough for the wheel to fit.

Last edited:

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
I do not run disk brakes so I have not had an interference issue. I flip the plates to the outside of the forks to establish a 110mm hub spacing. I do not drill out the fork ends. This allows the shoulder bolt to bottom out like the original Monark design. From Norms picture it looks as though the disk would interfer with the nylock nuts the way I set them up. Looks like you need to do it Norms way if your using his bracket and disk brake.
Pat

Last edited:

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Alright Im good , drilling the legs and flipping the shoulder bolts was My first thought but I wanted to see if it was possible without doing that. Any ways I managed to get everything put together just need to get everything tightened up properly. These forks are sweet, I think they make a huge difference on the look of the bike never mind the suspension they will offer. I think when I'm ready for forks on the Spitfire I'm going with these and a drum hub. Thanks Pat and Venice.

Cheers