Addicted Motorbicycles Commercial!

GoldenMotor.com

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I only had a chance to check out the first youtube link but I think it's really good!

If ya don't mind a lil criticism tho - the burnout attempts are jus' a touch on the cheesy side... no offense to ya, but it's not that impressive to the uninitiated when they can see ya pickin' up the rear of the bike (tire even leaves the ground sometimes) and there's no visible smoke.

Perhaps a reshoot with a closeup so you can only see the bottom half of the tire? If you try it on smooth concrete you'll be able to do it w/o pickin' up the bike (but ofc not sittin' on it lol) and ya outa get some smoke... for an advertisement I'd sacrifice a tire fosho heh

Granted - it'd still be kinda cheesy, but ppl dig that sorta thing lol

...not that I've ever done anything like that ofc

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
I am grateful for your advice! As a matter of fact, I agree. I don't have another tire, but I am buying a chopper within the next month, with a thick back tire. Will be perfect for smoke. Also, I am borrowing a friends video camera, so I will have two cameras to play with simultaniously, to provide more editing functions and options. This commercial will get better, this is only the first take, and it was all derived from a 30 second video. Lol. When I film some more, there will be way better visuals. May even attempt a catwalk for the camera! (The last catwalk didn't go so well. Lol)

OilyDave

Mar 21, 2010
New Brunswick, Canada
Good luck in your business venture, I checked out your first video on Youtube and i think the three burn out sessions should be taken out. As an Adult, I do not think that this would help me in my decision making to do business with you. I would prefer to see more custom pictures of builds, examples of what you are capable of.

I am not sure that Teenagers would be impressed with the burnouts becuase they are not theatrical enough, ie, No major smoke, donuts, etc. Just my two cents, Good Luck!

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
i noticed a few clips of bikes you didn,t build ( not a good idea )
i realize you probably want people to see an example of what they could order , but , i would stick with using samples of your own product .
avoid doing things that would give people reason to give you a bad name .

i agree with Barelyawake and Nougat on the burnout issue ( use bleach for the effect , and use a nicely editted shot of the rear wheel ) if you want to keep the burnout clip

mabey show a quik montage of the bike parked showing places you could ride to , like a corner store , a factory , a video store , a park , coffee shop etc: keep the clips around 3 seconds long .

wait for a nice bright sunny day to film it

Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
This is awesome! Thank you everyone for all of your advice. It all makes sense, and like I said, this is only my first attempt at a commercial. I am aquiring a second camera with a tripod, and am planning a multitude of different shots.

If I use pictures that aren't my builds, just to show what you can do, would it be ok to put in words over the picture as it is displayed, "model only", or something to that affect?

Let people know that they aren't my builds, pretty much. I have only a few pictures of my own bikes, and they aren't incredibly attractive for a sales pitch. I'm just in the beginnings of this company, and I haven't had customers as of yet, so showing pics of brand new builds I offer or have built is not possible, unless it is my bike. I need to show what is possible in some way.

DJEEPER

Nov 9, 2009
Yorktown
I think its a great start!

i would cut the time down to something around the 0:45 mark. keep it short and to the point to keep the customer watching.

my .02:

-lose the burn outs, like said. i see you are taking care of that :)
-The multiple fly by shots got old after 2.
-the sparklie "Addicted motorbicycles" thing also was a little overdone.
-I would get some onboard footage of the ride, maybe a sweep over of the whole system and such.

hope this helps!

i look forward to the revised product! :)

outlawbiker

Mar 15, 2009
Chicago NW Suburbs
i used to be able to do hole shots on my OCC stingray and think it was cool ,till i started to think what kinda of havok it was doing to my clutch/ drive train tire and engine, because of doing this i think i need to rebuild my clutch.

a hole shot can be done on these bikes,but on a loose enough surface, never worked out to good for me on a dry street.

thats my 2 cents after seeing your vid.

Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
Well, the revised edition is done. I see the advice of too much sparkly logo, well, I used it a bit more this time, but only for .6 milliseconds each time except the first one. I've traded the transition effects for occasional logo flash. This cuts down time significantly. I've got it down to 1:19, cutting 49 seconds in total. Also, all the bikes shown are mine, and I just took some new pictures to show framework as well. It's uploading to you tube now, I will post the link when it is done uploading, and when it is done uploading, it will be viewable. :) Let me know your thoughts on this revision, here are some things to consider when judging this video...

I only have one recording I took a couple of days ago to work with, which is like 30 - 45 seconds of usable footage.

I am limited to pictures of my own builds.

I'm still kind of new at this advertising thing. ;)

Thank you so much everyone, I really hope this turns into something that might bring in some customers, and inspire more motorbicyclists into existence!

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
300 bucks for a engine kit????That is double the price of what you can get them for from the sellers on this website....Ebay has them for 119 or less....Work on getting your price down if you want to succeed in your buisness adventure....
John-John

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Good luck with your business... If your gonna have a commercial, get a pro to make it (or help you make it.) This commercial makes your company look real 'cheesy'! Lifting the wheel burnouts?!?! wtf? :rolleyes:

Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
The prices are only on the website because Webs.com requires that you enter a price. I don't sell engine kits, I sell installation. Whatever engine is chosen, is the one that is put on, and the customer pays the price of the engine, from wherever he/she chooses. I don't sell products, I offer installation, at this point. As I said before, I'm only on take two of this commercial, and at the moment, only have one video recording to work with. So the "Cheesy" burnout is the only thing I have besides pictures and a short drive-by. I don't want a professional commercial, the point is that I made it myself. I'm not even technically a business, I'm just an idea, because I haven't had any customers. I don't have money to pay for a commercial, as any money would be best invested in building bikes, instead of such highly priced advertising.

This video will slowly improve, I need to take more video shots, so there are more options for me, but as it sits right now, this is all I have to work with.

As for lifting the wheel on the burnout, my bike is currently my only method of transportation, and I am not willing to risk a breakdown at this point, so again, I am limited.

K.i.p

Nov 8, 2009
CNY
You might want to consider the popularity demographics as demonstrated in the tavern forum, "how old are we" thread, 43% 40-60 years old. I'm not sure the bad boy angst approach is going to resonate with your widest potential market.

Creating a market costs allot of money and serious ad campaigns on a corporate level. Think soft drinks etc.. If you want to maximize returns target your market and appeal to them. Good luck.