Starting new engine build

GoldenMotor.com

old motorbike

Sep 21, 2008
Fl.
I just recently finished an aluminum frame bike build. Works good, but vibrates worse. Went 38 MPHwith shift kit.
Just saw a mini 4 wheeler at another nearby shop being tested by a worker. The motor was smooth and high revving with a pull start. Lots of power!
I just ordered one with trans & auto clutch for $79. free ship. Going to try that route. Might be a lot of work to adapt?.bld.
I may have a lot of parts for sale later, if it works.

Attachments

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
That sounds like a great deal. Can you tell us were you ordered it from? A link would be nice.

Last edited:

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
I don't think it will be a lot of work and I wish you well on this build. Sure it may take a day or two to get mounts made up but once the engine is sitting in place it will be no harder than those of us with frame issues or the OCC Choppers types of build.
I'd like to do one with a 4-stroke Honda 50 with the 3 speed. That would be so nice and quiet.
I can't wait to hear about your project!

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
hey there would be an engine for powering up a light generating system just an off the wall thought.
If you got stopped all you would have to say is it powers my lights but then 2 engines would look a little strange but aren't we all a little strange?laff
very nice find by the way.

old motorbike

Sep 21, 2008
Fl.
Just received my new motor. Sure is small and light. Will need to make some mounts. Gonna run a single sprocket on the left. might take time to mount, but will be smooooth..rd.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Old Motorbike, Thats A Good Price With The Trans. I Have Several Of That Setup. The Chain Box Sprocket Turns Same Rotation As The Motor. The Gear Ratio 3.25:1. Dax Sells A Flat 10 Tooth 1/2" Pitch 1/8" Wide Sprocket For $4.95. That Way You Can Use The China Girl Rear Sprockets. The Sprocket On His Titan Kit Would Be Much Better, But He Has None!! I Bought Some, Out Of Stock, Waiting For My Refund. The Cheap Mufflers Are Hard To Find For Those Engines. The Happy Time Motors Are 4.1:1 By My Calculations. Anybody Have A Different Ratio Figured?? As You May Know, The Trans Can Be Rotated To A Different Position. All The Pocket Bike Motors And The 35cc Honda Etc Bolt Up To Most Of The Different Gear Boxs And The Cvt Belt Drives. I Am Going To Use 8mm Chain And Freewheel Sprockets, Waiting For Order Now. Planning On Rear Rack Mounts. Looking Forward To Your Builds. I Have 3 New Belt Drive Cvt Set Ups That Will Be Rite Hand Rack Drive, With A Freewheel. Later . Ron