2.5L reverse mount gas tank

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Being only 2.5 liters it is gonna be fairly small, that tank is made to hang under the top frame bar that extends from head of frame back to seat post down tube, old school mountain bikes and what I call the "Diamond" frame bikes is what that tank is made for I believe, it might be able to be used on some other frames also with a little rigging up on the mounts.

To answer your question though, it will be a small tank since the 2.5L tanks that come with most China girl kits are smaller than a football but about the same length.

Map

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
got some of these laying around - all came with horrible welds and a lot of dents

also, hard to mount if the engine sits a bit tall in the frame

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
There's no way a tank like that would fit mine, there's only about 1/2" between my head and the top frame tube... It would be cool looking with that shape but top mounted tho...

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
You definitely need a lot of room for the tank. I have a similar model. It is 16 1/2" long and 4 3/4" tall at the hump. It looks like a vintage tank right out of the box. The finish is rough and there are dents and bad soldering that looks like repairs have been done. It is shown here in a large bike with 28" wheels and there is little room left. I believe that it was designed for the English Raleigh and their Chinese and Indian clones.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I too have one of these tanks. Brand new, out of the box, it looks like it came from a junk yard or the reject pile. It has the same bad welds and dents like everyone else has reported.
Also, the filler hole is too small to fill up at a gas station without using a funnel.

WabashFlyer

Feb 28, 2016
Terre Haute, IN
I have been searching high and low for one of these tanks, I have called five vendors that list them on websites, I have crawled ebay for weeks, haven't found one yet. If anyone has one they don't want, I will buy it, in any condition. I have PM'd one member already, but this is a very old post, and he doesn't remember. Hopefully this helps.